Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

Very fair point I would agree that fury done more than any heavyweight has managed in recent times vs klitschko .... but the fight was an absolute snoozefest that fury won simply by keeping the robot at bay. I like fury he's the most colourful character there has been for a while. Just think the more Joshua trains and fights he will outbox fury and most likely knock him out.

Did you expect it to be anything else other than a snoozefest?

Joshua has to significantly improve his head movement and footwork to challenge Fury imo

Dereck Chisora was the best opponent Fury had faced before he fought Wlad ffs :lol:

Joshua sparks him in 5 rounds.

5 rounds? :lol: :lol:

No chance it goes that long, AJ will probably knock him out just by looking at him in the first face off, you see his muscles bro? Plus King Eddie said he's gonna be the best heavyweight ever, and when's he ever been wrong.

Would there be a more glorious sight in boxing than Fury knocking Joshua out and seeing the tears on Hearn's face?

I'm off on Friday so going to head through to the weigh in at St Enoch Centre for the Burns fight. Try and get a selfie n aw that.

Dylan whyte is a cracking up and coming fighter Joshua knocked him out , whyte beats chisora and imo give whyte 4 or 5 more fights and he will be in world contention. Will be good to see aj against the likes of haye fury or wilder but it's still a long way off before Hearn risks they fights. Would be interesting to see at this stage right enough

He had to have shoulder surgery straight afterwards am sure seriously think whyte will be a world champion in the near future as well , has a new trainer and that in ace now as well but time will tell how good he can actually be.

Wladimir Klitschko - undisputed heavyweight champion, Top 10 (at worst) P4P, one of the best heavyweights of all time and a future first ballot hall of famer - could barely land a glove on Fury, and he has top class footwork and one of the best jabs and one twos in boxing, yet, Anthony Joshua - same height and reach as Wlad but with no where near the footwork, head movement or technical ability Wlad has - is just going to smash Fury about? Is that right, aye?

I might not like it too much, but fucking hell you have to respect the Sky Sports and Matchroom hype train. It's done one hell of a job.

Chisora is better than anyone Joshua has faced

Well that's not true. Dillian Whyte is comfortably better than Chisora.

Anyway, Joshua's a world champion after 16 fights. At that point in Fury's career he was fighting bums in meaningless fights. Credit to Fury for his win but he didn't look particularly impressive to me. Klitschko was awful.

Haye is a far more difficult fight for AJ.

Willie Limond looks a great price at 5/2 on Saturday.

I've never been particularly impressed by Nurse. He'll keep coming forward but he always seems pretty limited to me. That is definitely a decent price if Willie's up for it and has trained properly as he's a far more talented boxer.

Well that's not true. Dillian Whyte is comfortably better than Chisora.

Anyway, Joshua's a world champion after 16 fights. At that point in Fury's career he was fighting bums in meaningless fights. Credit to Fury for his win but he didn't look particularly impressive to me. Klitschko was awful.

Chisora has fought at a far higher level than Whyte. Would be a decent fight although Chisora looked on the slide in his last fight.

Anthony Joshua is also still fighting bums in meaningless fights. Tyson Fury went in against Klitschko with a game plan and carried it out to absolute perfection. Klitschko looked awful because Fury made him look awful. If AJ had put that sort performance in against the Eddie Hearn fan boys would be creaming themselves.

Joshua has fought absolutely nobody in his career. That's without mentioning that Charles Martin won the IBF heavyweight title without throwing a punch!

Joshua has fought absolutely nobody in his career. That's without mentioning that Charles Martin won the IBF heavyweight title without throwing a punch!

Most people expected Martin to be a difficult fight for him, some were even saying it was too early to take that fight. Hearn can't win. It was a stunning KO under intense pressure, regardless of how bad Martin was. Pretty funny that people are blinded by hatred for Joshua that they can't give him any credit whatsoever.

Edited by Fraser Fyvie

I don't know a single person who thought Martin would be a difficult fight for Joshua. That's not due to how good Joshua is, just how woeful Martin is.

Even on here the chat was fairly obvious that he'd win, the problem would come after when he'd have to fight genuine contenders. Hence, he's fighting another complete bum in his first defence.

I don't know anyone who's "blinded by hatred" for him either, he's just not as good as Hearn would like everyone to believe. Why won't Hearn risk him against Fury, Haye, Wilder, Pulev, Klitschko, Ortiz or any other top 10 heavyweight?

Edited by MONKMAN

I don't know a single person who thought Martin would be a difficult fight for Joshua. That's not due to how good Joshua is, just how woeful Martin is.

Even on here the chat was fairly obvious that he'd win, the problem would come after when he'd have to fight genuine contenders. Hence, he's fighting another complete bum in his first defence.

I don't know anyone who's "blinded by hatred" for him either, he's just not as good as Hearn would like everyone to believe. Why won't Hearn risk him against Fury, Haye, Wilder, Pulev, Klitschko, Ortiz or any other top 10 heavyweight?

Jesus. How many guys is he supposed to have fought already? :lol:

Wilder, Pulev, Klitschko, Fury and Haye have all been tied up in different fights. Hearn has made it clear both he and AJ are desperate to fight Fury and to unify the division. 

If you don't believe he's as good as Hearn thinks then fine. For me he's the best heavyweight in the world and the bookies agree. Time will tell who's right.

Edited by Fraser Fyvie

I am a Joshua fan, not biggest Fury fan but appreciate what he did in his last fight and deserves respect for that even though he is a clown.

For Joshua to get to where he is and having taking the coveted 0`s from his, what, last 3 opponents, come on??? 16 fights and world heavyweight champion??

His first voluntary defense is against someone not that great so what, he will then have to face another undefeated fighter in Parker then early next year he should be looking at Wilder. So in his 19th pro fight he attempts to unify belts. Has this been done before? (serious question)

Also should he get knocked out and his ass kicked by anyone for the reasons people state above then at least when you watch him you know you are going to get a fight, which I like.

My opinions only but right now I will ride the AJ hype train and see where it takes us

Do you think it was "brave" of AJ and probably more importantly Hearn on taking the Whyte fight? I actually do as that could have been a banana skin for them and so many on here said that fight wouldnt have happened then, but it did.

I think, no basis just a feeling, AJ wants these big fights and other promoters see money in the AJ fight so whats not to like. If/when he beats Parker I can only see a unification fight after this I still think Fury would be maybe 4/5 fights away from now. That is if both keep hold of their belts until then.

I said it in the previous thread (anybody find out who pinched it yet) Haye is the one to be avoided as I can see him taking out the very best in the division right now. He works his way to mandatory shot then whatever champion he fights is going to have problems. Dont see anyone giving him a voluntary thats for sure. Would be great for Haye to be mandatory to Fury after what has went in the past.