Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

Fury beats Joshua just now imo. 

Parker - Takam fight was decent, looks like Parker still has a lot of developing to do before he takes on the top fighters.

The Showtime card was ok not convinced by the 2 Charlos yet although Jermall is definitely the better of the two.  Lara still looks like the man to beat at 154.

Sir Ricky's fight week time to make history, buzzing for it will be my first time in the hydro

The Showtime card was ok not convinced by the 2 Charlos yet although Jermall is definitely the better of the two. Lara still looks like the man to beat at 154.

I didn't bother staying up for it not a big fan of the 154 division, in saying that the Trout fight was decent, they're all ducking Beefy though

I hope Beefy gets some big fights. The 154 division has no politics so nothing stopping fights between the champions, aside from the Charlo's not fighting each other. Give Beefy one brother, give Lara the other and we could have a great tournament!

I may well be talking shit but I'm sure I read somewhere that Lara wouldnt fight either Charlo brother, couldn't find anything when I searched there so might be shite.

If Fury and Joshua fought just now it would be the equivalent of a 6th year boy (Fury) palming off the forehead of a 1st year boy (Joshua) furiously trying to get at him, swinging his arms and hitting air while all the bigger boys laugh.

Fury would box rings around him.

If Fury and Joshua fought just now it would be the equivalent of a 6th year boy (Fury) palming off the forehead of a 1st year boy (Joshua) furiously trying to get at him, swinging his arms and hitting air while all the bigger boys laugh.

Fury would box rings around him.

Why? He's not had that many pro fights himself

I think he may surprise some

Fury is stylistically a horrible match up for Joshua because of his movement and size, he'd not stand in front of Joshua and the reach would be similar without me looking it up. Joshua has the power advantage though and would probably only need to land clean a couple of times. I'd have it roughly 50/50.

Haye is a complete unknown until he fights someone with a pulse again.

Fury isn't as good a boxer as everyone is making out , he's tall and awkward which makes it hard for his opponents but as for boxing rings round Joshua think that's a bit of over zealous praise for furys skills as a boxer.

Edited by Disco30

Fury isn't as good a boxer as everyone is making out , he's tall and awkward which makes it hard for his opponents but as for boxing rings round Joshua think that's a bit of over zealous praise for furys skills as a boxer.

And Joshua isn't as good as the Eddie Hearn/Sky hype machine would make you believe.

Fury won his title beating the best the heavyweight division has had to offer over the last 10 years, Joshua beat some nobody who won his title by default.

And Joshua isn't as good as the Eddie Hearn/Sky hype machine would make you believe.

Fury won his title beating the best the heavyweight division has had to offer over the last 10 years, Joshua beat some nobody who won his title by default.

Very fair point I would agree that fury done more than any heavyweight has managed in recent times vs klitschko .... but the fight was an absolute snoozefest that fury won simply by keeping the robot at bay. I like fury he's the most colourful character there has been for a while. Just think the more Joshua trains and fights he will outbox fury and most likely knock him out.

Very fair point I would agree that fury done more than any heavyweight has managed in recent times vs klitschko .... but the fight was an absolute snoozefest that fury won simply by keeping the robot at bay. I like fury he's the most colourful character there has been for a while. Just think the more Joshua trains and fights he will outbox fury and most likely knock him out.

This