RECORD BREAKING - 114 Years of Hurt

Yet definition 2 doesn't refer to England. You're having a mare here. Like your "team".

Oh dear.

Definition 3 is only valid in an English context, as shown by the use of brackets "(in England)". Therefore we use definition 2 outside of England. Which we are. So your laughable attempt to muddy the waters is filed in the bin. 

Better luck next time. 

I remember a few years back Viking Ton had an absolute Wide On when they beat us 1-0 at Cappielow, VT was over the moon and telling all Dees how we were staying down.

Well we all know how that worked out, Dees going up, Morton to the seasides leagues and also Scotland's biggest minter for throwing a game and taking 10.

Good old VT

Oh dear.

Definition 3 is only valid in an English context, as shown by the use of brackets "(in England)". Therefore we use definition 2 outside of England. Which we are. So your laughable attempt to muddy the waters is filed in the bin.

Well, yes, that's exactly what I said. Definition 2 does not refer to England, therefore applies in Scotland.

"the parts of a country outside of the capital"

Another swing and another miss. Unlucky.

I remember a few years back Viking Ton had an absolute Wide On when they beat us 1-0 at Cappielow, VT was over the moon and telling all Dees how we were staying down.

Well we all know how that worked out, Dees going up, Morton to the seasides leagues and also Scotland's biggest minter for throwing a game and taking 10.

Good old VT

Morten.

Thank you.

Well, yes, that's exactly what I said. Definition 2 does not refer to England, therefore applies in Scotland.

"the parts of a country outside of the capital"

Another swing and another miss. Unlucky.

Erm no champ. Here is the actual definition:

the parts of a country outside of the capital or the largest cities.

I guess you had problems reading the right-hand side of the screen through your salty tears though. Another fail to add to the 106 years of hurt. 

Morton's historical record marks them out as one of the most successful provincial-based clubs in the country; Dundee FC by contrast are now the supreme, unchallenged failures of the city clubs. And Morton have still lifted the famous trophy more recently than your outfit.

Unlucky.

Two bald men fighting over a comb ðŸ˜

Anyone got a table of longest runs without the cup? Been since 1921 for us so imagine we'll be up there.

Dumbarton 1883

Queen's Park 1893

Dundee 1910

Partick Thistle 1921

Greenock Morton 1922

East Fife 1938

Clyde 1958

That's us well clear at the top  8)  8)

:-(

Erm no champ. Here is the actual definition:

I guess you had problems reading the right-hand side of the screen through your salty tears though. Another fail to add to the 106 years of hurt.

Not at all. "Or" is a disjunction so the remainder of the definition can be legitimately removed.

You'll be getting RSI with all these swings you're taking. It would probably be worth it too if they weren't all missing.

Good old VT

Shame that you don't have any similar, word salad anecdotes for Dundee lifting the world's oldest club trophy for the only time in its existence though. 

106 years of hurt. :(

Not at all. "Or" is a disjunction so the remainder of the definition can be legitimately removed.

You'll be getting RSI with all these swings you're taking. It would probably be worth it too if they weren't all missing.

If it was acting as a disjunction then the second part would have form a distinct category of definition. But it doesn't and so it's not. In Scotland 'provincial' refers to the counties outside the four major cities. None of your utterly desperate attempts have managed to change that fact. 

Not sure that I'll be taking any lectures on swinging and missing from the chump who tried to cite Stirling Albion as a means of deflecting from his club's 106 years of hurt. Thanks for playing anyway. 

Edited by vikingTON

If it was acting as a disjunction then the second part would have form a distinct category of definition. But it doesn't and so it's not. In Scotland 'provincial' refers to the counties outside the five major cities. None of your utterly desperate attempts have managed to change that fact.

Oh dear, "or" is a disjunction. It cannot "act" as anything else.

Therefore the definition can be truncated to before the "or" and still remain valid.

Not sure that I'll be taking any lectures on swinging and missing from the chump who tried to cite Stirling Albion as a means of deflecting from his club's 106 years of hurt. Thanks for playing anyway.

Yet another swing and a miss. I've not been deflecting from anything, merely exposing your complete failure to understand, well, anything.

Thank you for playing.

Gutted for you.

In British English, "province" means "the whole of a country outside the capital, especially when regarded as lacking in sophistication or culture". So while the latter part in particular certainly applies to Greenock (and then some), it is the case that every part of Scotland not within Edinburgh is "provincial".

Unlucky.

That's brilliant! You are the Steven Hawkin of P&B !

Oh dear, "or" is a disjunction. It cannot "act" as anything else.

Therefore the definition can be truncated to before the "or" and still remain valid.

But it's not actually valid in Scotland though. All that effort for nought then. 

Dumbarton 1883

Queen's Park 1893

Dundee 1910

Partick Thistle 1921

Greenock Morton 1922

East Fife 1938

Clyde 1958

Dunfermline- 1968

I'm sure I heard the BBC commentator say that Hibs have now won the cup the same number of times as St Bernards. Imagine taking 114 years to draw level with a team which went bust in the 1940s.

Correction- Vale of Leven, not St Bernards, apologies. Still funny they took so long to draw level.

Edited by QPStu