West Central Division 2 season 2016/17

Gartcairn Army

Maybe so mate im just excited about visiting a ground we have never been to before

the ants hospitality and welcoming to clubs is up there with the best Felix and the committee will look after yous

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shire look to be putting together a decent spine to their squad.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

WEST-CENTRAL DIV 2
5/2    Gartcairn
6/1    Carluke
6/1    St Anthony's
7/1    Port Glasgow
7/1    Lanark
11/2    Ashfield
10/1    G Perthshire
14/1    EK Thistle
20/1    Dunipace
25/1    Vale of Leven
25/1    Newmains
50/1    Royal Albert
Each way 1/5 odds 1-2-3 

Think they have seriously under estimated perthshire and seriously over estimated gartcairn.

4 hours ago, rtg said:

WEST-CENTRAL DIV 2
5/2    Gartcairn
6/1    Carluke
6/1    St Anthony's
7/1    Port Glasgow
7/1    Lanark
11/2    Ashfield
10/1    G Perthshire
14/1    EK Thistle
20/1    Dunipace
25/1    Vale of Leven
25/1    Newmains
50/1    Royal Albert
Each way 1/5 odds 1-2-3 

Think they have seriously under estimated perthshire and seriously over estimated gartcairn.

All guesswork when most teams have only played two or three friendlies and still have some players on holiday. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Putting this thread back on the first page to show that there is no need to get another started.

Still got no idea how my team Lanark will do. Replicating last season's early form would be a good start.  Club say they still hope to make some more signings, which we will need, particularly after Paul Hewitt walking away. 

I watched Lanark recently against Forth in the Clydesdale cup and I was very impressed with them, I don't think they'll be to far away again this year.
Now that the league sectional games are out the way we'll start to see how things pan out when the team's start to play each other in the league

LANARK 4 Newmains 1

Excellent performance by Lanark today. But for some profligate finishing and a wonderful performance from the Newmains keeper we could have been into double figures. Stonewall penalty that the Newmains guys also thought should have been given resulted in a yellow for diving. Terrible decision as were some other bookings for both teams.

One of the young lads signed from Wishaw scored with his first touch after coming on. Both looked sharp. Lanark much the fitter team. Newmains ran out of steam with about 20 minutes to go.

My friend has an excellent photo of one of the Newmains keepers excellent saves. If someone wants it DM me contact details and I will ask Jack to ping it over.   

Archived