West Central Division 2 season 2016/17

Gartcairn Army

Great result for the shire to win 3-2 after being 2-0 down thought it was gonnae be 1 of those days with the amount of Chances wee missed then at 2-1 the ants hit the post got a wee bit of luck but thought we deserved young Ryan and Jordan in the middle of the park were outstanding all the best to the ants for the rest of the season great hospitality and welcome as usual

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If 3 go up, does yesterday's result mean Perthshire are promoted?

Pt Glasgow seem to be doing what Lanark did last season, when we started really well and then went on a very poor run. Thankfully we are doing it the other way around this season.

Lanark v Carluke on 11th March is going to be a big game.

1 hour ago, lokforever said:

There are still 5 teams that can better Perthshires 42 points, so not promoted yet.

Too complicated to work out, for me at least, particularly when I can't view the league tables!  We all have each other still to play so we should have a clearer picture soon.   

Vale of Leven beating Carluke convincingly was a surprise, to me at least. They are up to 3rd with only 3 games to play.

Lanark v Carluke next weekend is a big game and will have a major bearing on who goes up.

Vale of Leven beating Carluke convincingly was a surprise, to me at least. They are up to 3rd with only 3 games to play.
Lanark v Carluke next weekend is a big game and will have a major bearing on who goes up.

Should be a cracker next week a wee draw would do nicely [emoji106]

2 hours ago, the shire said:

Should be a cracker next week a wee draw would do nicely emoji106.png

A  draw would not be the end of the world for us either. Points in the bag trump games in hand IMO

24 minutes ago, Gartcairn Army said:

After playing both clubs over the last few weeks I think Carluke will beat Lanark. Was shocked at Carlukes result today but still think they are a better team. Maybe Lanark were missing a few today though.

Lanark were indeed missing a few today, including the lad who came on as a sub the last time we played at yours and scored a hat trick. Our 15 year old left back making his 2nd appearance held his own throughout.       

Anyway, down to more important matters - no pies?!  How can you be taken seriously as a junior club without offering up its to the paying public?

1 hour ago, bc57 said:

Lanark were indeed missing a few today, including the lad who came on as a sub the last time we played at yours and scored a hat trick. Our 15 year old left back making his 2nd appearance held his own throughout.       

Anyway, down to more important matters - no pies?!  How can you be taken seriously as a junior club without offering up its to the paying public?

PPFFTT 

4 minutes ago, Gartcairn Army said:

No mate last few games but were told to stop so can't sell any hot food from the we shop

That is a pity. One of the great traditions of the Junior game.

3 hours ago, Gartcairn Army said:

Yea mate I'm sure it won't be for long though. We are working hard to make our park and the match day experience the best it can be.

Good luck with that. I, like many, am not a fan of watching games on artificial surfaces but do understand that needs must. However, if all the other things 'around the edges' are as good as they can be then this helps with the overall experience.

Archived