West Central Division 2 season 2016/17

Gartcairn Army

Without doubt, we could have done more ourselves to help our promotion bid, I don't deny that in the slightest. Too many draws early in the season let us down.

As for sour grapes, yeah you're probably right and I said as much in my original post when I said a bitter taste had been left. I still won't retract my opinion that the team Gartcairn fielded last night was far inferior to the team fielded against Lanark.

On another note, the EK no.3 was outstanding last night, head and shoulders above everyone else on the park. Very composed on the ball, strong defender and a couple of great efforts on goal.

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah but because of your sour grapes and bitter taste you made a massive assumption that it was a deliberate ploy and on reading the thread I think Gartcairn army's post was taken out of context too! He can correct me if I am wrong but I think he was referring to EK beating the champions on their own patch when he said great result for EK.Matter of opinion but you are doing a disservice to the boys that did play last night as they gave it their all and played pretty much the whole 2nd half with 10 men.

I know the Lanark boys will be disappointed we lost to EK last night but no one is more disappointed than me I can assure you. Lanark will not lose out in promotion because of Gartcairn v Ek, Lanark will lose out in promotion for the same reason we did. Not good enough. If you leave your own promotion hopes in other teams hands then you can't moan if they lose lol. You should be bigging up Newmains in the hope they can grab something from EK not assume they will lose. Lanark should really have beat us in Lanark and that would have been that.

anyway we were poor last night but with injuries and suspensions it was always going to be a tough game especially against EK who I might add went to the league champions and won a few weeks ago!!! I think congratulations to them on their result is what people should be saying.

good luck to all still in the race for promotion.

9 hours ago, kevinmuirhead said:

I can assure you we will be going all out to cause an upset. I had a squad with 3 x 15-year-olds (one of which took his goal like a seasoned pro) and 2 x 16-year-olds last week  as it was a meaningless game. This week I will put out the strongest team available, our players are determined not to watch our opposition celebrate promotion in front of us. EK will be favourites by far, in fact, we have only been favourites once this season! Wonder if Gareth Halford and DD would have made us stronger for this game, strange how things work out!!

Gareth has been my Player of the Season. DD has been an excellent signing too.  We only need you to draw - please.

1 hour ago, Gartcairn Army said:

I know the Lanark boys will be disappointed we lost to EK last night but no one is more disappointed than me I can assure you. Lanark will not lose out in promotion because of Gartcairn v Ek, Lanark will lose out in promotion for the same reason we did. Not good enough. If you leave your own promotion hopes in other teams hands then you can't moan if they lose lol. You should be bigging up Newmains in the hope they can grab something from EK not assume they will lose. Lanark should really have beat us in Lanark and that would have been that.

anyway we were poor last night but with injuries and suspensions it was always going to be a tough game especially against EK who I might add went to the league champions and won a few weeks ago!!! I think congratulations to them on their result is what people should be saying.

good luck to all still in the race for promotion.

I concur. If we don't get promoted we only have ourselves to blame.

I would not have swapped our position with EK. Normally points in the bag is better than games in hand which means several games in a relatively short period. To play the champions who had been idle for so many weeks and to play a very depleted Gartcairn team is EK's good fortune.

I hope Newmains can do us a further good turn having groomed two such good players that we have benefitted from for most of this season.

The final league table never lies.

Congratulations to everyone connected with EK Thistle to Billy, Gaz, Ronnie and their players, great achievement considering the run of games they had to contend with, and good luck in the Central 1st next season

Well done to Billy, Gaz and Ronnie top lads, best of luck whatever you do. We made life very difficult for EK today, decent growd there and can vouch that Newmains were not there just to make up the numbers. Their keeper ginge pulled of a couple of very good saves in the first half to stop us going in front. 

Straight to building a team to go and compete next year, if I can hold on to the core of lads I have just now and being a bit of experience in then I'm sure we will do well. Second half of this season we've made life very hard for anyone we've came up against and I'm already excited for next season.

36 minutes ago, kevinmuirhead said:

Well done to Billy, Gaz and Ronnie top lads, best of luck whatever you do. We made life very difficult for EK today, decent growd there and can vouch that Newmains were not there just to make up the numbers. Their keeper ginge pulled of a couple of very good saves in the first half to stop us going in front. 

Straight to building a team to go and compete next year, if I can hold on to the core of lads I have just now and being a bit of experience in then I'm sure we will do well. Second half of this season we've made life very hard for anyone we've came up against and I'm already excited for next season.

Congratulations to EK and many thanks to Newmains for giving it a go today.

15 minutes ago, Steelman said:

Congratulations to Perthshire, the Port and EK on gaining promotion. Lanark blew it again with their destiny in their own hands. Questions to be asked of the management?

The same questions were asked of the manager last season. Think they suffered badly when McCrum left. He was their leader on the park and would have driven them to win games that they drew. 

I hope they hold onto the few cracking players they have left. 

33 minutes ago, Steelman said:

If the same questions were asked last season then they clearly haven't been answered this one. Time for change!!

I'm not Brogans biggest fan but I have a lot of time for the club. I watch their results from a distance now but if you are closer and know  the machinations of the club I bow to your knowledge. 

I too have a lot of time for the club and committee think they should be in a higher division. Only saying the evidence suggests that he isn't capable of taking Lanark up as the last two seasons prove.

Archived