West Central Division 2 season 2016/17

Gartcairn Army

Well done mate deserved it after going 4-0 up in 1st half thought when we got it back to 4-3 we would get something out of the game but wasn't to be all the best for the rest of season Jamie

Must admit I thought that myself. All the best to you guys too

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very well deserved 4-2 victory for Lanark v St Ants today, despite going 1 down inside 5 minutes.

Totally outplayed our opposition today and should have won by a few more. This said, our keeper had a couple of important saves at critical times. We even scored a penalty thanks to 'auld heid' Paul Burns.

We scored a couple of cracking goals today. Capable of playing some good football even in spite of some harsh 'tackling', clearly condoned but, not a surprise.

Still 3rd and bearing down on 2nd spot. Promotion still very much in our own hands. Won 6, drawn 4 and lost away to the league leaders since first weekend of October.  

Solid 3 points for our guys yesterday after the last few performances 1st half was scrappy 2nd half we were excellent some of the wing play was a joy to watch shire scorers were Craig smith jp Craig Jordan McLean and Scott forrester

Lanark at EK today. Fingers crossed their pitch holds up and is playable.

I think they have only played 3 league games since the start of November, the last one being a 2-1 defeat to us before Christmas. I still can't get the SJFA league tables up but presume that EK have played so few games that they are mathematically still in with a shout of one of the promotion places?

Always prefer points in the bag than games in hand so obviously hoping for another 3 points for us to pull further away from Carluke and Gartcairn which would make the upcoming fixtures against them even more critical.

EK 1 LANARK 3

Took a lot of pleasure from the result today, for a variety of reasons.

Went behind to an early penalty. Didn't score the overdue equaliser until 79th minute with a bullet header. Only one team was going to win the game after that. Superb first touch and then chip over the keeper by young Ronan Kearney in 82nd and then a rocket free kick from Cammy Lawson in 92nd sealed the victory.

Thought EK had a shout for a 2nd penalty in 2nd half, although I was at the other end of the ground. EK keeper had a superb save in 2nd half. He winds me up but he is good at what he does, to be fair.

EK no 6 was a lucky man.

Playing surface in poor condition despite seeing little activity in recent months.

Lanark now only 3 its behind Pt Glasgow, having played the same number of games. Same goal difference but we have scored more goals.

6 games for each of us to play. Going to be an interesting run in.

Whilst wanting Carluke to progress in the Scottish, I am pleased they and Gartcairn have to replay. One presumes we will now play Ashfield away next weekend who were due to play Carluke, as we were due to play Gartcairn?

Lanark now only 3 its behind Pt Glasgow, having played the same number of games. Same goal difference but we have scored more goals.
6 games for each of us to play. Going to be an interesting run in.
Whilst wanting Carluke to progress in the Scottish, I am pleased they and Gartcairn have to replay. One presumes we will now play Ashfield away next weekend who were due to play Carluke, as we were due to play Gartcairn?

There was a few lucky to be on the park the gamesmanship and diving from the Lanark no7 was very distasteful to watch he was always looking to get a player booked when no contact was made, I watched the game today as a neutral and enjoyed it I thought there wasn't much between the teams and Lanark done enough for the 3 points however if he gives the pen to EK in the second half it may have been a different story but there you go that's football

15 minutes ago, Brycie73 said:

There was a few lucky to be on the park the gamesmanship and diving from the Lanark no7 was very distasteful to watch he was always looking to get a player booked when no contact was made, I watched the game today as a neutral and enjoyed it I thought there wasn't much between the teams and Lanark done enough for the 3 points however if he gives the pen to EK in the second half it may have been a different story but there you go that's football

Obviously agree about the penalty but, only one team played any football today.  DD our number 7 got kicked from pillar to post, yet again today but, as seems in vogue, if he complains, as he is wont to do, he gets booked.

Bottom line, there was one guy who clearly kicked out, against the youngest, least physical player on the field and the ref bottled it and gave him a yellow. It was either a red or nothing.

Obviously agree about the penalty but, only one team played any football today.  DD our number 7 got kicked from pillar to post, yet again today but, as seems in vogue, if he complains, as he is wont to do, he gets booked.
Bottom line, there was one guy who clearly kicked out, against the youngest, least physical player on the field and the ref bottled it and gave him a yellow. It was either a red or nothing.

I need to disagree respectfully with your assesmnet on the Lanark no7 I've not seen that level of play acting before in some 30 years of watching junior fitbaw, anytime anyone was near him he was rolling around at one pijnt the the 2nd halfhe went down as it he broke his ankle screaming in paun and rolling about this was right in front of me and in my opinion he was looking to get a player sent off plain and simple but 1 minute later hes back up and running like new.
although your right about the tackle on the young lad it looked as if the EK player was over the ball and worthy of a red, I don't think there was malice in it just a firm tackle and he got it wrong and not for the forst time in the game the ref bottled it

11 minutes ago, Brycie73 said:

I need to disagree respectfully with your assesmnet on the Lanark no7 I've not seen that level of play acting before in some 30 years of watching junior fitbaw, anytime anyone was near him he was rolling around at one pijnt the the 2nd halfhe went down as it he broke his ankle screaming in paun and rolling about this was right in front of me and in my opinion he was looking to get a player sent off plain and simple but 1 minute later hes back up and running like new.
although your right about the tackle on the young lad it looked as if the EK player was over the ball and worthy of a red, I don't think there was malice in it just a firm tackle and he got it wrong and not for the forst time in the game the ref bottled it

The tackle was hard but he actually went back at him and kicked out whilst our lad was still on the floor, which sparked the melee.

I was on the other side from the incident you refer to involving DD. The guy I gave a lift home to insists there was contact. What chance does a ref with no assistants have? He got some very rough treatment first half.

Lovely first touch from young Ronan before he lobbed the keeper for our 2nd?

The tackle was hard but he actually went back at him and kicked out whilst our lad was still on the floor, which sparked the melee.
I was on the other side from the incident you refer to involving DD. The guy I gave a lift home to insists there was contact. What chance does a ref with no assistants have? He got some very rough treatment first half.
Lovely first touch from young Ronan before he lobbed the keeper for our 2nd?

Always tough for a ref, but he never gave a foul for that incident so I think he knew there was no contact as he was very close to it himself, interestingly I never seen the other stuff just when the boy was in the deck just the melee, and the second and 3rd goals for Lanark were superb and worth the entry fee alone

Archived