West Central Division 2 season 2016/17

Gartcairn Army

Dunipace 0 Perthshire 5

Zoiks!!

Shire came out of the blocks like a rocket and took a deserved lead when a ball to their left found an unmarked player who was able to strike the ball back across the goal into the net.

And then it was all Pace for the next 40 minutes, effort after effort was either past the post or at the keeper or the keeper had to make a move to keep the ball out of the net and things were looking good for the home side. Sadly with virtually the last kick of the ball in the half Shire scored again when a free kick 19 yards out on the right side of the box was curled round the wall and into the net at the near post.

An undeserved two goal cushion at the oranges for the Possil crew. But plenty to look forward to for the home fans if the team played to the same standard as they had for most of the half.

.....and that didnt happen. Long ball up the park caught everyone out for the third, stupid pull on a jersey to give away a penalty for the 4th - so blatant that I was almost wearing the Shire players jersey and I was at the other end of the pitch. Fifth saw a cross from the right headed home by an unmarked Shire player whilst the guy marking him appeared to be running away from him.

Almost a good performance, silly mistakes at the start and end of the first half effectively killed the game and Shire were clinical in the 2nd half when presented with chances whilst Dunipace had their best spell in those 40 first half minutes and then didnt offer much after the lemons.

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

St Ants 2 Lanark 2

Lanark allowed a 2 goal lead go, which came as no surprise to regular followers of the team.

Lanark missed two excellent chances inside the first 3 minutes.

Both teams had chances to score. Had Lanark scored theirs when in the lead they would have been out of sight. Draw not an unreasonable result although Lanark holding on towards the end.

St Ants are a big team. Their sub No 16, who scored is absolutely huge!

• 2 weeks later...
Good win on saturday against St Anthonys to get us back on track after a couple of disappointing results. Big game this week against table toppers Gartcairn, need to be at our best to win this one.

think you mean gartcairn in 2nd place [emoji12] should be a decent game hopefully it finishes as a draw lol

Looking forward to the game on Saturday and im sure Shire wont find it easy at VOL

Never do find it easy at vol will be another tough game but the way we are playing just now should be confident going into any game and squad getting stronger with a few guys who missed the last month with injurys on the comeback

• 2 weeks later...

Lanark 4 Dunipace 0

I never know which Lanark team will turn up each week. What I do know is we will try and play entertaining football, which is what we did in the first half today, going in 3-0 up at ht and that should have been a bigger margin against a team who lack some seasoned Juniors.

Little between the teams in the 3rd quarter but Lanark showed their class with another excellent goal.

Good performance, good 3 points.

Lanark 4 Dunipace 0

I never know which Lanark team will turn up each week. What I do know is we will try and play entertaining football, which is what we did in the first half today, going in 3-0 up at ht and that should have been a bigger margin against a team who lack some seasoned Juniors.

Little between the teams in the 3rd quarter but Lanark showed their class with another excellent goal.

Good performance, good 3 points.

Are you for real??? Did you watch the same game as every one else?????

8 hours ago, KR88 said:

Are you for real??? Did you watch the same game as every one else?????

To what are you taking exception?  I clearly was watching the same game as you, you appear to have a different view.  Let's hear what you have to say but try to go easy on the punctuation marks.

Great win for the port bhoys yesterday puts them in pole position I'd say

between them and the shire to win the league I'd say.  

Whats happenin Ralphy uv bn awfy quiet recently usually on here tellin us the goings on! No mention on the departure of halliwell and new keeper

On 4 December 2016 at 08:47, bc57 said:

To what are you taking exception?  I clearly was watching the same game as you, you appear to have a different view.  Let's hear what you have to say but try to go easy on the punctuation marks.

Local paper reported the game very similarly so there were at least 2 of us watching the same game!

Perthshire 3 Lanark 1

Thought Lanark played well first half. Couldn't defend their deserved lead for more than 5 minutes following another excellent goal by O'Donnell. Created 2 excellent openings which we could not capitalise upon. Perthshire keeper kept the scores even.

Different story 2nd half. Perthshire superior. Our keeper was immense with some excellent blocks and saves. 2-1 on 52 mins but 3rd not scored until after Perthshire full back given his 2nd yellow with 17 to go.

V impressed by Perthshire centre backs.  We struggled with the loss of 2 key players in the form of McGurk and Collins today.

Archived