West Central Division 2 season 2016/17

Gartcairn Army

12 hours ago, kevinmuirhead said:

Double figures? Jeeze

Your keeper must have had 5 or 6 top drawer saves and we missed a hatful of chances over and above that so, yes it could have been.  I didn't say it should have.

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Red Star West Crindledyke said:

Stonewall penalty it certainly wasn't

Was standing behind your lino who also said to me it was a definite penalty, so from our angle we thought that. Spoke to a lad who was right beside it and he said the same, hence my use of the word stonewall.  Doesn't matter, he didn't give it! 

Thought it was a really good game to watch between the Ants and Gartcairn yesterday and was delighted for Ronnie and Tony getting their first competitive win in charge. Playing some nice stuff and thought our defence was excellent as well. I'm going to put the Ants league highlights in this thread as well as the sticky since they can be debated in here, something that dont generally happen in the Sticky Thread - 

Didn't make the game yesterday due to me being in england but couldn't be happier with the Carluke result & really good to see a couple of the new guys get on the score sheet, Hopefully the rovers can carry on & put in another good performance next week .

Cant have any actual match sounds, well I could but dont want to have ny conversations etc broadcast so need music or something so its not 6 or 7 mins of nothing. But if silence is ur thing feel.free to mute

• 2 weeks later...

Gartcairn 5 Lanark 4

Not a scoreline that we were expecting having gone 2-0 inside 20 minutes.

Only had 13 players, including 2 keepers. Christie and Murphy injured. Imrie packed in, we heard and McCrum AWOL. Our only outfield sub came on after 30 minutes, got us back to 2-2 before half time only for us to concede a 3rd within a minute!

He missed a penalty but we netted the rebound to go 4-3 down but he then scored a screamer for his hat trick. Our ex winger Hendo scored a cracker against us. He's filled out physically but hasn't changed. Brilliant and frustrating in equal measure. 

Critical that Lanark secure a home win today to stay in touch having lost unluckily away over the past two weeks to two of the promotion favourites on their artificial surfaces.

Definitely should have taken something at Pt Glasgow. Whilst I felt Gartcairn were stronger than us, only having 12 outfield players available definitely hindered us. Had Kyle Maxwell kept his head mid way though the second half by not retaliating when the referee was already in the act of producing a red card following a shocking 'tackle' on him then  the game could easily have ended differently. We missed some glaring chances too ( as did Gartcairn to be fair) but my point is we are creating them. Didn't help that we had to play our main striker in defence yet again.

All if's, buts and maybes.  We have to do the business on the day. Some positive vibes on here about our new signing from Gartcairn. Hopefully Alan Christie and Gordon Murphy will be fit again and our AWOL captain will return today to bolster our numbers.  Good to be back playing on the grass.

Lanark 0 Vale of Leven 1

Woeful performance by us today. VoL hit the woodwork twice and missed two sitters in the first half before hitting a rather fortunate opener.

No Gallagher, Maxwell, Murphy or McCrum today, 4 of our most consistent players. 3 of our U17's involved. We were outmuscled today. We have a very small, largely youthful and sparse squad at present. Promotion seems a forlorn hope at present.

8 hours ago, bc57 said:

Critical that Lanark secure a home win today to stay in touch having lost unluckily away over the past two weeks to two of the promotion favourites on their artificial surfaces.

Definitely should have taken something at Pt Glasgow. Whilst I felt Gartcairn were stronger than us, only having 12 outfield players available definitely hindered us. Had Kyle Maxwell kept his head mid way though the second half by not retaliating when the referee was already in the act of producing a red card following a shocking 'tackle' on him then  the game could easily have ended differently. We missed some glaring chances too ( as did Gartcairn to be fair) but my point is we are creating them. Didn't help that we had to play our main striker in defence yet again.

All if's, buts and maybes.  We have to do the business on the day. Some positive vibes on here about our new signing from Gartcairn. Hopefully Alan Christie and Gordon Murphy will be fit again and our AWOL captain will return today to bolster our numbers.  Good to be back playing on the grass.

I am told that young Kyle would not have been able to play on last week regardless, as a result of the 'tackle' on him. Out injured today

• 2 weeks later...

Lanark 3 Ashfield 1

Great result for Lanark today. Scored early on - young debutant O'Donnell from Newmains scored - was a metre offside when he received the ball. He scored a good second when game very evenly balanced. Ashfield back in it on 20 minutes and then we missed a dodgy penalty in 22 mins! Our 3rd miss from 7 penalties this season.

Shaun Gallagher scored a great glancing header straight after the break. We were being over run in midfield but Ashfield failed to make all their possession pay. Our superior pace was a constant threat in the 2nd half.  Ashfield missed a sitter on the hour.  We missed a sitter in injury time.

Ashfield sub was subbed after about 15 minutes on the park. He wasn't happy and walked away with his shirt off before he'd left the pitch. Looked not a bad player.

Two young lads in from Wishaw played very well today. James Faughan put in a real shift. Our central defenders were very good again today.

No Saaf who is injured. Murphy continues to be out with a long term injury which is hampering us. Kyle maxwell and Lanark have parted ways which is a pity as he has the ability but, by all accounts has an attitude to go with it, which one could see from the sidelines. 

Archived