Gartcairn Juniors 2016/17

Gartcairn Army

This'll be a tougher test than yesterday's game, Kieran had a few players out yesterday or it could well have been a different result. Wishaw are a good side and will more than fancy their chances against us. I'm looking forward to the game

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was an excellent game of football tonight, I thoroughly enjoyed it, and although both teams had enough chances to win the match I thought that a draw was the right result, I felt we didn't deserve to lose but I also didn't think we deserved to win. From what I watched tonight I think Wishaw will get the promotion they narrowly lost out on last season. We move on to Carluke now in our final group match, a win will see us through to the next round providing we score more goals than Wishaw who face Shotts

Well done to Wishaw today in qualifying from the group, we didn't play well today so I can have no complaints. The plus points are that we've played 2 teams from the leagues above as and came away undefeated, plus we've scored 19 goals in just 4 games. Promotion from the league is our main aim this season, but It still would've been nice to have went through today

Agreed Ralph although much as we won today we stole it, would've been good to go thru but we will get there, gaffer gave every player equal time in the qualifiers so to do that and only fail to progress on goal difference of one goal is tremendous , onto league business now.
Mtc

St Anthony's v Gartcairn tomorrow in the league, it'll let us see how we compare playing against a recently relegated team. If we play as we can we need fear no team, but as we all know in the juniors that's easier said than done. I'm looking forward to the game, I hope big JC has a busy game, that'll mean we're doing ok [emoji106]

St Anthony's v Gartcairn tomorrow in the league, it'll let us see how we compare playing against a recently relegated team. If we play as we can we need fear no team, but as we all know in the juniors that's easier said than done. I'm looking forward to the game, I hope big JC has a busy game, that'll mean we're doing ok [emoji106]

Tough game for us Ralph and a massive 3pts that we take a lot of encouragement from

Aside from the 10 minute period where Pace fell asleep and allowed 3 soft goals I felt the game was pretty even for the remaining 80 minutes or so. With the difference between the sides being Gartcairn having a strikeforce that knows how to work a keeper, Pace huffed and puffed around the box but Halliwell could have stayed in his bed this afternoon and been busier.

1 hour ago, RalphM said:

Far better performance today from the players, they worked well all over the park today got the result their play deserved, good luck to Tam and all at Dunipace for the rest of the season, it was good to catch up after the game

Wizny a bad game thought or young team were unlucky to be down 3 at ht better second half Ralf

Pakora wiz great and you looked after or guys great see you at Denny

1 hour ago, drs said:

Aside from the 10 minute period where Pace fell asleep and allowed 3 soft goals I felt the game was pretty even for the remaining 80 minutes or so. With the difference between the sides being Gartcairn having a strikeforce that knows how to work a keeper, Pace huffed and puffed around the box but Halliwell could have stayed in his bed this afternoon and been busier.

PPFFTT 

13 minutes ago, Mr Prez said:

PPFFTT 

Had to walk miles to take a ppfftt as well :(

Still its the only ground I've ever been to where they offer you an umbrella at half time.

We know everything isn't perfect at our ground but we're trying to make improvements as we go along. As its Councill owned we're limited as to what we can do, the toilet situation is a problem but hopefully we can get something done about it, the biggest issue is that anything that is outside the containers and isn't locked up is destroyed by the neds

• 2 weeks later...

We were amazed when we got awarded the best community club in Scotland by the Scottish FA, then gobsmacked when we were awarded the best sports club in Scotland by the Sunday Mail & Sportscotland but now being awarded the silver medal for best community club in EUROPE we are absolutely stunned and delighted.  Second best football academy in EUROPE???  Yes please! http://www.uefa.org/football-development/technical/grassroots/news/newsid=2403837.html

• 3 months later...

Ul no get a reply diamond d 

no doubt when new manager is appointed scud book tv, RRM/Ralphm, Gartcairn army, 5ned, rtg will all be commenting again about exciting times etc etc 

no mention on here of halliwell leaving, or match reports since results have changed. 

I for one wished Gartcairn all the best and have bn shot down in the past, however it's seems a case of song when ur winning 

Archived