Gartcairn Juniors 2016/17

Gartcairn Army

1 hour ago, rtg1971 said:

Gartcairn would like to announce the new signing of keeper Mark Regan to the squad.

Has the lad played in junior football before or has he come in from amateur

football?  Does that give Cairn two goalies to choose from now?

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gartcairn are delighted to announce the dual signing of Luke Tuite & Josh Moore who come from our u19s squad.  Both have recently played in the friendly and did brilliantly - both players shall be dual signed allowing them to still play on the Sunday with their u19s.  

The way ahead for most teams bringing your own players through helps dispel the rumours of all big money signings at Gartcairn.

Davie Greig is the man who will help make them better players also.

Good luck in the Scottish Cup on Saturday if I was betting man I would stick a couple of bob on you.

Looked back at some of the posts put on here regarding Gartcairn some people want to get a life.  It was always going to be a learning process for Gartcairn as they have found out the second division is a hard league to get out of so there will be ups and downs but the league is better for them being in it.

I've watched them a few times this season, and the last game I seen was against the Ants, a lot of changes and a lot of ill feeling from players who had signed at the start of the season would appear to be the case regards the managerial change and the way it came about. I wouldn't be surprised that if they don't progress on Saturday a few more that had signed under old management & want to see the Scottish cup run out leave as well. It all seems a bit thrown together and the decision making seems rather rash and not thought through, but every committee is entitled to hire & fire as they please. Best of luck to them tomorrow in the cup, but can't see them progress myself.

Just so nobody can moan....oh wait!

Yami Misanjo has left Gartcairn to join Wishaw.

Chrissy Patrick has left Gartcairn to join Whitburn.

I personally wish both players all the best for their future in their new clubs.

Gartcairn 1 Hermes 1 - probably over the piece a fair result - was actually a decent game at 0-0.  Hermes broke the deadlock with about 6 minutes to go through a corner but Cairn equalised through a Dolsey free kick.  Reckon Cairn had the best of the chances tbh but that final ball just wasnt finding its target.  Ah well its off to Aberdeen next weekend for the boys.

Just posting so ryso doesn't dig me lol
Fair assessment from Robert , couple of positive things to add, half decent crowd today, lot of work done by all the committee to generate interest but massive thanks to Johnny cannon and Jd brown for all your help. Two of our under 19s played today, big centre half actually got man of the match, we seem to be getting a bit of pace and fitness about us, lots of changes both of the park and on but starting to see the difference. We went one down with six to go, equalised on 90 and actually disappointed we didn't win.

Thanks to all the supporters who turned up today , hope to see you all again soon.

Was at this game today, 2 very average teams for me and both had chances to go ahead without the game being overly exciting to watch, Hermes goal? striker should never beat the keeper to the ball in the air looked heavy the lad, and another goalkeeping error handed Gartcairn the leveller near the end. Agree regards previous posts a draw a fair result.

Archived