Ayr United, What now 2016/17

44 minutes ago, singin am no fae killie said:

Would very much doubt it will be Smith or Shankland. They'll have offers from top end championship bottom premiership.

Not too sure, top end of the championship you have Dundee Utd/Hibs/Falkirk/St Mirren who are all more or less sorted striker wise or looking for an experienced striker. McInness will want them playing regularly and we could offer that. Don't see them going to a Premiership team, don't think either are ready for that just yet.

Wait and see what McCall can do.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, callum-ayr said:

I wouldn't be surprised to see one of the Aberdeen strikers Smith/Shankland, Moore and O'Connell to be our 3. What would be very advantageous is a couple of them can play numerous positions.

I'd be absolutely shocked if you managed to get Shankland. He scored a decent number for Saints last season and I'd imagine will have considerably better offers. Wouldn't be shocked to see him at a lower end Premiership club like Accies or Thistle to be honest.

14 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Not too sure, top end of the championship you have Dundee Utd/Hibs/Falkirk/St Mirren who are all more or less sorted striker wise or looking for an experienced striker. McInness will want them playing regularly and we could offer that. Don't see them going to a Premiership team, don't think either are ready for that just yet.

Wait and see what McCall can do.

St. Mirren played Shankland in 31 games last year, I don't think McInnes will need to worry too much about them giving him a game.  I expect that Smith, with over 70 top flight games under his belt, will attract better than relegation fodder in this division as well.  Can't fault you guys for ambition though.

22 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

St. Mirren played Shankland in 31 games last year, I don't think McInnes will need to worry too much about them giving him a game.  I expect that Smith, with over 70 top flight games under his belt, will attract better than relegation fodder in this division as well.  Can't fault you guys for ambition though.

Dumbarton been linked with him as well, mate?

Just now, callum-ayr said:

Banter.

Heard Stevenson is still a lazy shite.

He's the sweatiest guy I've ever seen. 15 minutes into our friendly on Tuesday and his top was completely stuck to him :lol:

1 hour ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

He's the sweatiest guy I've ever seen. 15 minutes into our friendly on Tuesday and his top was completely stuck to him :lol:

15 minutes before he starts puffing put his arse is actually quite good going for him tbh. Will probably get worse as the season goes on.

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

Nibble nibble.

Always the sign of a good WUM when you keep coming back to tell people they're biting.

Just now, eez-eh said:

15 minutes before he starts puffing put his arse is actually quite good going for him tbh. Will probably get worse as the season goes on.

Always the sign of a good WUM when you keep coming back to tell people they're biting.

I haven't once claimed to be a good WUM, I'm terrible, yet folk still had a munch.

Archived