Ayr United, What now 2016/17

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finishes 2-0. Good day all round, everyone gets a game, Hart and McCracken also came on, a win, trialist striker scoring and no injuries.

Were you there? How did trialist do?

Were you there? How did trialist do?

Not today, just going by the updates.  From what i've read he done not too bad.  Got a goal and got himself about and had a couple of other chances.  Big strong mobile forward, something we've missed recently.

Not today, just going by the updates. From what i've read he done not too bad. Got a goal and got himself about and had a couple of other chances. Big strong mobile forward, something we've missed recently.

Completely fluffed a chance in the second when faced with only the keeper to beat seven yards out. Poor first touch and his second was a slide tackle. "Done not too bad" would be a kind assessment...

Completely fluffed a chance in the second when faced with only the keeper to beat seven yards out. Poor first touch and his second was a slide tackle. "Done not too bad" would be a kind assessment...

Just going by analysis from AU Media so obviously could have been misleading.

Best news from the game was how well Guff got on.

Cairney looked a bit chunky to say the least. Didn't do anything particularly good or bad. McGuffie had a bit of gallusness about him when he came on, I'd imagine to the casual observer he looked more like a hot prospect than Forrest.

Thought Meggat and Rose looked comfortable. Not overly tested but decent play out from the back, very little hoofball.

O'Connell hard to judge, took his goal well and a couple of nice flick ons but missed an absolute sitter getting the ball stuck under his feet.

Thought Robbie did well. Too early to call out Cairney's fitness but Crawford certainly will be pressuring him for a starting place.

Knocked it about well against a poor side. Meggatt will do just fine for us and looks a big solid type. Speaking of big and solid, Cairney doesn't look to have shifted any weight. The Irish boy took his goal well but other than that looked a fish out of water up top. I'll be kind and say he's raw.

As others have said the big plus was McGuffie. Looked a breath of fresh air when he came on.

Knocked it about well against a poor side. Meggatt will do just fine for us and looks a big solid type. Speaking of big and solid, Cairney doesn't look to have shifted any weight. The Irish boy took his goal well but other than that looked a fish out of water up top. I'll be kind and say he's raw.

As others have said the big plus was McGuffie. Looked a breath of fresh air when he came on.

Cairney has that sort of physique anyway.  Don't think it's too much of an issue.  Ran the play off final to be fair and fancy him to be a very important player this term

I'd have been angry at myself if I hadn't bossed those play off games so I can't bring myself to use that as a barometer. I'm right behind him obvz but he'll need to do a bit of work to convince me.

Was getting excited about the striker until I read kitty's remarks. Normally solid with the opinion so not so optimistic now. I pray we don't resort to Preston.

I'd have been angry at myself if I hadn't bossed those play off games so I can't bring myself to use that as a barometer. I'm right behind him obvz but he'll need to do a bit of work to convince me.

Was getting excited about the striker until I read kitty's remarks. Normally solid with the opinion so not so optimistic now. I pray we don't resort to Preston.

Preston has already turned down our offer.

Eta: was on trial at Guisley yesterday.

Preston has already said he wants to find a club in England. We should have two or three more trialists for Gretna and perhaps some loan signings for the league cup. I'm hoping that McCall can somehow convince Motherwell to let us have Moore for another season.

Our future signings will hopefully have pace as I think that's what our current squad is lacking. With the players we have it looks like we are setting up to absorb pressure and steal a goal here or there. Hitting on the counter could therefore be our best option meaning a winger and at least one striker with speed (ideally Moore) is needed.

Archived