Ayr United, What now 2016/17

Someone in the Avci family isn't happy :lol:

Hasn't he only just stepped up to the 20s?

Played a few 20s games during second half of the season. Was at Lugar for the season as well.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Understandably upset when you take Newman into account being back up and the 20s 1st choice. However I like Lyle and a season at 20s without the pressure of being back up will be good. It's probably the frustration of the age of Hart.

Surely he'll still work with Fleming and Hart from time to time, no? In all reality he wouldn't be involved in games anyway so it makes next as no difference? You need three keepers anyway, even if there's only one injury!

If I was a professional footballer I'd have my family absolutely telt that they shouldn't comment publically on anything to do with me or my club. Embarrassing for the player.

He is lucky he is only part time. If he was a premiership player comments made by family members could get you in bother.

Facebook + lower league Scottish football = absolute disaster area.

Nothing will ever beat the Livingston fan's maw coming on their Facebook to complain that her son got a doing, only to be absolutely telt after it (allegedly) became evident he was racially abusing his own club's captain.

I don't think the posts are still there, but they were fantastic.

Facebook + lower league Scottish football = absolute disaster area.

Nothing will ever beat the Livingston fan's maw coming on their Facebook to complain that her son got a doing, only to be absolutely telt after it (allegedly) became evident he was racially abusing his own club's captain.

I don't think the posts are still there, but they were fantastic.

Jim Weir's daughters Twitter meltdown was my personal favourite.

There were even players ripping her to shreds :lol:

What's even better is when the players themselves have a complete psychiatric meltdown on Twitter. Here's looking at you, Mr Rodgers. 

Todays team, likely formation:

Fleming

Devlin  Rose  Meggat  Boyle

Crawford  Docherty  Gilmour

Cairney                                     Forrest

O'Connell*

*Trialist

Just researched Andy O'Connell who is described as an imposing centre half who can also play in midfield? Have I got the wrong O'Connell or are we playing a centre half up front?

Can play both centre half and striker, but McCall is looking at him in the striking role.  Impressed in training on Thursday, players seemed to rate him highly.

Archived