Ayr United, What now 2016/17

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gretna is still 10 days away, you would hope there would be some movement before then. What has happened to the Megatt, Balatoni and Reid rumours.....

If this is the case, considering the league cup starts only a few days after Gretna we will be going straight out. What are we going to do? Play Forrest as a lone striker 😂

Gretna is still 10 days away, you would hope there would be some movement before then. What has happened to the Megatt, Balatoni and Reid rumours.....

If this is the case, considering the league cup starts only a few days after Gretna we will be going straight out. What are we going to do? Play Forrest as a lone striker

Craig Reid? I think he signed for Livi.  Apparently St. Mirren and ourselves are in for Meggatt as well but I have my doubts that we are given that our manager has said that we're covered at the back.

Craig Reid? I think he signed for Livi. Apparently St. Mirren and ourselves are in for Meggatt as well but I have my doubts that we are given that our manager has said that we're covered at the back.

I believe Livingston have signed a Reid but not the one that was at Dunfermline (that we were rumoured to be after a few weeks ago)

Gid signing.

However, I would give my left baw for a striker.

2 have knocked us back. Says he's after another defender, wide player and strikers. Would say we need a keeper, centre half, winger and at least 2 strikers in.

Talk me through McCall not favouring Forrest at the business end of last term but will be first team material this promoted season?Was he carrying a knock late on?

Forrest some weeks looks like he can't be arsed and other weeks looks brilliant, I guess it would be a gamble on which one turned up in the play-offs, Probably why Trouted and laterally Stevenson were dropped as well. 

Talk me through McCall not favouring Forrest at the business end of last term but will be first team material this promoted season?Was he carrying a knock late on?

McCall thought he had not given him enough of a chance and sounded worried about stalling his development in interviews probably felt it was a gamble to rely on him at the end.

Pre season is a fresh start for everyone.

I don't think he is up to league one personally. But up a level sometimes players surprise you.

Archived