Sign in to follow this  
sproat71

Ayr United, What now 2016/17

On 2017-05-05 at 17:02, JockysJetpack said:

Got a quiz hot off the press here for you Ayr fans- Can you name the top-5 Ayr United goalscorers each season since 98/99 

https://www.sporcle.com/games/purplefrogg6/ayr-united-top-5-scorers-since-9899

44%...bang average

Other than Nicky Devlin who is decent and Greg Fleming who is also decent, personally I couldn't care less who goes as I'm sure any replacements will not be much worse than what we had.

Maybe it was the tactics and playing style but the last couple of years is the worst Ayr Utd team I can ever remember watching, with possibly the exception of the Ronnie Yuill season where Brian Bilsland was our star player !!

The number one priority for next season is to either recruit players who are willing to "take on their man" and "hit a shot" or alternatively explain to the existing ones that football matches cannot be won without scoring goals (and it's normally impossible to score a goal when a shot isn't directed towards the goal).

Is this McCall to blame ? or are our players just incapable / stupid ??

Who knows, but what I do know is that we'll have no support left, if we keep playing this pathetic boring and worthless brand of football..........

When I saw that joint 5th for the 2009/10 season was a series of players on just one goal, I started listing off anyone who played that season.

Still knew better than to chance my luck with Junior Mendes, though.