Ayr United, What now 2016/17

We gave Brian Reid the chance after relegation and he got us promoted.
And then got you relegated again the following season. Looks like being a 'gubbins yo-yo club' is the full extent of your chairman's ambition then. 

Are you suggesting he should've sacked Reid after he got us promoted?

You've not really thought this wee dig through chief.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

The thing that saves him is that we were expected to finish tenth (bookies/experts/possibly even budget).

For a while we looked like we had a decent shout at survival but the last 6 weeks or so has condemned us.

Lachlan felt we could realistically survive this season but mistakes were made. He also said some things outwith our control went against us, but didn't elaborate.

Get this, though, he's donated £600k in the last two seasons! £250k last year to get promoted and it's going to be £350k this year.

Something is far from ok there - that's astonishing sums.

Lachlan felt we could realistically survive this season but mistakes were made. He also said some things outwith our control went against us, but didn't elaborate.
Get this, though, he's donated £600k in the last two seasons! £250k last year to get promoted and it's going to be £350k this year.

Seriously?

That's insane levels of investment.

I see Lachlan has said of the Spfl board 'they are a bunch of self interested p***ks. The league structure is a joke.'

He's not wrong but oft.

Some answers from Lachlan tonight, didn't include the questions (couldn't be bothered) but you get the gist

>I would argue vehemently that the past two seasons that the club has not been penny pinching and we are about to get crushed because of it. We have thrown all of the money possible to first gain promotion and then to try and remain in the Championship.

>It would be fair to say that if we get relegated this season then the whole club has failed. Ian would share a percentage of that failure as would I and the players would also have to shoulder a chunck of the responsibility.

>I would guess that there is not another club in our division that has as good a deal than what we have. (On the clubs sponsorship deal with Bodog)

>Even with our cup run and 120k purse, there is still a huge gap to be paid to close out this season. All money for next season has yet to be booked.

>What do I want? I would like the club to progress to a point where it can stand on its own and then build from there. Last year, I donated about 250K to help us get promoted and to give the manager a chance. So far this year, I have donated close to 175 K and will need to put in close to 150K to balance the books at the end of this season before even starting to try and fund next season. That's not a sustainable plan for me personally or for the club. I can't be the only one who is responsible for trying to fund our existence. Just to be clear, the money I have put in personally over the last two seasons aren't a loan, they are a donation. I decided a few years ago that continuing to increase the clubs debt is irresponsible. I want to be there in 10 years watching the games that I want to watch, but I don't want to be the man in charge. The club needs new blood and I don't want to be one of these guys that you see kicking around the SFL or SPL or now SPFL or SFA that have been with three different clubs just to keep the gravy train going etc. Once I'm done here, I'm done.

>I have my views on the footballing side just like every one of you do and this year was unpleasant viewing. As far as where it all went wrong, maybe it was poor signings, maybe poor training habits, maybe a million things. Fact is, it went wrong and it's now up to Ian to remedy it. Give him a chance.

> Full Time has been the discussion for most of the last year and beyond. I would love to commit to full time football, and Ian is laying out his case for that, but at this time it is not confirmed one way or the other unfortunately.

If those figures are accurate then I can't see how the fans can say he hasn't backed the club financially. Those figures are much bigger than I had expected.

So add up last seasons gate money, cup runs, money from other sources and generous bodog sponsorship deal yet we still needed 250,000 to keep going. Exactly what sort of turnover did we have? Must have been some ground repair bill as can't see the squad costing that. Again I wonder if this large sum of  money was paid as a last resort to keep going or would class as being a gift and subject to tax breaks. If true fair play to Lachlan however having heard similar chat before over the years I would like to see the exact position of our books.

So add up last seasons gate money, cup runs, money from other sources and generous bodog sponsorship deal yet we still needed 250,000 to keep going. Exactly what sort of turnover did we have? Must have been some ground repair bill as can't see the squad costing that. Again I wonder if this large sum of  money was paid as a last resort to keep going or would class as being a gift and subject to tax breaks. If true fair play to Lachlan however having heard similar chat before over the years I would like to see the exact position of our books.

Surely he can't just drop that bombshell and then leave it. We need some sort of rough guide to our outgoings .

The accounts for last year are on the companies house website, this years are late. Not much in them other than we seem to be around £1M in debt, the only cash you can see going in is a £173k 0% LOAN which seems a little odd. No info on wages or other specific outgoings.

2 hours ago, Joma Boo said:

He must be allowing the Mickey Mouse club to run us as this team isn't a squad worth over £300k never mind one requiring that as a subsidy..

2 hours ago, 1nickydevlin said:

I aint his biggest fan but f**k me .thats some money too be putting out for inheriting a football team that ye dont really want anymore .hats off if true .I dont think we would have a club too suport without him

I wish people would stop posting rubbish like this, there are clubs with far smaller turnovers than ours that exist just fine.

Exactly. People trot that pish out but nobody ever explains what would have happened to us.

There are more ways to run a football club than the way Lachlan mysteriously does.

I find it quite bizarre that at this point of the season we still don't know if we are going to be full time or not. How we meant to prepare for next seasons I.e. New signings when we still don't know.

I said to my mate after the Hibs game that one advantage of automatic relegation is it gives us a couple of weeks head start over the teams involved in the playoffs but it seems we'll be lagging behind as usual. 

Archived