Ayr United, What now 2016/17

The style of football played under McCall is rank. If he had managed to keep us in the league then you could justify it, playing a certain way (ugly) with the limitations Ayr has, but it hasn't worked and it's all but relegated us, with a load of embarrassing stats to go with it. What's worse is that next season all the decent players will be gone and McCall will keep faith with the dross and an even worse style of football.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My stance on McCall is pretty simple. If he somehow manages to keep us up(which is looking unlikely) then he deserves a lot of credit and should absoulotely kepp his job however if we get relegated then he has failed and should resign/be sacked. As for who to replace him with someone like Darren Young, Ian Murray or Paul Hartley would be perfect.

Gilmour had a strong 8-10 week period last season before he got injured round about December and then tailed off in the second half of the season.  Maybe it was fitness or confidence or that Adams and Docherty were dominating midfields in the first half of last season, but that period represents the exception for Gilmour during his near 4 seasons at the club.  At a championship level, he is just too slow to br competitive.  Chris Aitken was the same.  Good on the ball, but not able to keep up with the faster pace of play.

15 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

New badge is decided. don't mind this one, never was too enamoured with any of them, just happy it's not the Burns one.

Worst video of all time.  

New badge is decided. don't mind this one, never was too enamoured with any of them, just happy it's not the Burns one.

I see we went for the zebra's arsehole astride a saltire, one. That's one in the eye for the Lord Lyon.

Don't think anyone will be happy with the outcome.  There were better options out there for those who either wanted a badge as close as possible to the existing one or those who wanted a total re-brand.  I've seen at least 2 badges on these pages alone that are better than any of the 5 put forward.  

I hope the club recognise in due course they've got this wrong and engage professional graphic designers to help us come up with something better.

Don't think anyone will be happy with the outcome.  There were better options out there for those who either wanted a badge as close as possible to the existing one or those who wanted a total re-brand.  I've seen at least 2 badges on these pages alone that are better than any of the 5 put forward.  
I hope the club recognise in due course they've got this wrong and engage professional graphic designers to help us come up with something better.

I'm happy with that outcome. It's the one I voted for.

Can't believe the anchor came second!

We really need to take a huge support on Saturday, as much as we have all complained, a win and we are right back in it.

Any news on Balatoni? Huge player for us. Hopefully Harkins performance on Saturday was an insight into the beginning of his season saving form for the rest of the season!

Hibs have got a game against Raith on the Wednesday before they play Ayr on Saturday next week. Although a loss or a draw could see Ayr relegated then, which would be ironic considering Lennon helped McCall get the job.

Can't believe the anchor came second!

We really need to take a huge support on Saturday, as much as we have all complained, a win and we are right back in it.

Any news on Balatoni? Huge player for us. Hopefully Harkins performance on Saturday was an insight into the beginning of his season saving form for the rest of the season!

The anchor was second?

Fucking hell. Sometimes I despair about our supporters.

FWIW, think your new badge is alright. Not too radically different to upset traditionalists, still identifiable as Ayr with the team colours and a saltire, and gets round the ridiculous Lyon impositions.  Can't please everyone, but it seems a perfectly reasonable compromise.  PS Good luck over the run-in, btw...would be happy to see you guys stay up, and cheers for your sterling efforts last Saturday evening. 

I would have gone for 2 elephants standing back to back and both farting at the same time. For me that would represent Ayr (Air) United.

As a Pars fan I would like to think I stand for most Ayr fans when I say take yer rotten patter and f**k off tae Killie ya spoon burning bore.

Archived