Ayr United, What now 2016/17

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
43 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

With the late kick off on Saturday, the team will go into the game knowing the results of the others. Either it's gone for them, and a win would close the gap, or it's gone against them and they need a win to stay within touch. That should pump them up for the game and if it doesn't, and they put in another performance like Saturday, then it should be P45s all round.

Alba rules

With St Mirren winning the night there is no getting away from the fact that the best we can possibly get now is 9th., unless we somehow don't lose any of our next 3 games.

Looking at the remaining fixtures for ourselves and Raith have got extremely tough run ins with Dumbarton having a slightly easier one.

I can see it going down to the last game of the season against Raith to see who finishes 9th and 10th.

If we want to avoid that we have to get behind the team on Saturday and beyond from the off and create some atmosphere which is better than on the moon.

Dundee United away from home have been nothing short of abysmal and with the result we got against them the other week i feel as if they're there for the taking. 

Yip I certainly can see that too.

We all can! But raith fans are saying the same thing.

Football is a funny old game (copyright). There are a handful of games left. Common sense says it will come down to the last game as both raith and ourselves are dugshit at the moment. But as I said, it's a funny game. Results often appear from nowhere.

We're in hell right now, and we can either fight and scrap with our finger nails or we can give up, and die (again, kind of copyright).

As fans we have to support the team. Give them everything we've got and what will be will be. Questions will be asked at the end - but we've got a few games to make a difference.

The shite from the previous few pages is not helpful in any way.

What we need is a team.

When we have 11 players out on that pitch right now are they a team?

Are they fighting for a cause? For each other?

Big, big questions.

I'm sure we have all seen teams playing for each other, whether there are 5 people watching on a public pitch on a Sunday morning or 75,000 watching at a champions league final.

The fans at this level don't matter, it is ALL down to the players.

Do they want it badly enough?

Are they prepared to go that bit extra, to put their body on the line, to take one for the team. That is what you need to get out of a relegation position.

To push that bit further, to give your all, leave everything on the park.

We have too many who are not up for this. Nothing to loose is the problem.

For once I would like to see 11 players out on that pitch giving everything they have from the very 1st minute right through to the final whistle.

Take the game to the opposition. Don't sit back and wait. Get into their faces from the off.

JUST BE UP FOR IT!!!!!!

11 hours ago, AUFC 1910 said:

What we need is a team.

When we have 11 players out on that pitch right now are they a team?

Are they fighting for a cause? For each other?

Big, big questions.

I'm sure we have all seen teams playing for each other, whether there are 5 people watching on a public pitch on a Sunday morning or 75,000 watching at a champions league final.

The fans at this level don't matter, it is ALL down to the players.

Do they want it badly enough?

Are they prepared to go that bit extra, to put their body on the line, to take one for the team. That is what you need to get out of a relegation position.

To push that bit further, to give your all, leave everything on the park.

We have too many who are not up for this. Nothing to loose is the problem.

For once I would like to see 11 players out on that pitch giving everything they have from the very 1st minute right through to the final whistle.

Take the game to the opposition. Don't sit back and wait. Get into their faces from the off.

JUST BE UP FOR IT!!!!!!

What a load of fucking meaningless shite. 

The reason you're in this position is nothing to do with a lack of fight. It all boils down to your players being utterly fucking shite and a manager who is so far out of his depth it's laughable.

You could arm your players to the teeth but none of that would paper over their blatant lack of ability. 

The reason you're in this position is nothing to do with a lack of fight. It all boils down to your players being utterly fucking shite and a manager who is so far out of his depth it's laughable.

You could arm your players to the teeth but none of that would paper over their blatant lack of ability. 

McCall is not out his depth - that's just nonsense. He may well have made big errors but he's been here before and shat in the shoes.

McCall said Balatoni and Adams will be back for Saturday

Adams in prime b*****d mode will help us a bit on Saturday. Let's hope he is properly fully fit!

Fleming

Devlin Balatoni. Meggatt. Boyle

Docherty Adams

Cairney
Forrest McGuffie

Farid

No idea if Farid is fit, if not play Moore. Wouldn't particularly mind Crawford starting in one of the wide positions, assume he will be anyway,

14 minutes ago, Jimmy85 said:

IMG_8841-640x360.jpg

With it being the start of the new financial year and clubs all over the country getting their reports in for the year and clubs releasing statements to their supporters to keep them updated it would be brilliant if Ayr were to actually bother to communicate with their fans, more importantly from the Chairmen. 

It would be great to see how the club are doing off the field (or maybe not) and keep the fans up to date with any information, i know the Q&A was not so long ago but with the league position we're in i felt as if this would have been a good time to bring something out to satisfy disgruntled supporters.

I have only thought of putting this on here after reading what Ann Budge has brought out for Hearts supporters which leaves very little information hidden from the supporters. It's a shame that we have a board and owner which seem to be pleased to keep the supporters guessing all the time about what is going on behind closed doors.

Archived