Ayr United, What now 2016/17

You lot are after Daryll Meggatt apparently. You're welcome to him. Looks woefully out of his depth in the top flight, solid as a rock in the Championship. Depends on whether Hartley decides to keep him or not.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He really should feature in your squad list over on the championship forum then :P

Updated on this thread, but I'm on my phone and it's all encrypted with different bold etc so will do it when in home on my laptop haha, only discovered today he's under contract.

You lot are after Daryll Meggatt apparently. You're welcome to him. Looks woefully out of his depth in the top flight, solid as a rock in the Championship. Depends on whether Hartley decides to keep him or not.

Is he no a left back? With Boyle and Donald under contract, I wouldn't think that would be a priority over a centre half.

callum-ayr, on 01 Jun 2016 - 15:13, said:

Is he no a left back? With Boyle and Donald under contract, I wouldn't think that would be a priority over a centre half.

He was for Alloa, he signed as a CH for us. McCall's been in the Courier confirming you're interested if he becomes available.

Delighted that Docherty is staying expected him to be off as supposedly St.Mirren and Livi were sniffing about him.

Still waiting to hear about:

Nicky Devlin- offered deal

Ryan Stevenson- has to prove fitness

Peter Murphy- offered deal (?)

Mikey Donald

Craig McCracken

Sean McKenzie

Stevenson is being very strongly linked with us on our thread.

Any of you ladz heard anything about that? (excluding the few Ayr fans who have commented about it already)

Stevenson is being very strongly linked with us on our thread.

Any of you ladz heard anything about that? (excluding the few Ayr fans who have commented about it already)

I highly doubt Stevenson will sign for you lot. He is friends with the Aitken brothers and is recently back from a holiday with them so I think people are putting 2+2 together. If he doesn't re-sign for us then i'd expect him to rock up at someone like QOTS however I hope he re-signs with us, gets fit and proves the doubters wrong.

ETA: Is there any concrete evidence to suggest he's signing for you lot other than the fact he was on holiday with Stevie?

I highly doubt Stevenson will sign for you lot. He is friends with the Aitken brothers and is recently back from a holiday with them so I think people are putting 2+2 together. If he doesn't re-sign for us then i'd expect him to rock up at someone like QOTS however I hope he re-signs with us, gets fit and proves the doubters wrong.

ETA: Is there any concrete evidence to suggest he's signing for you lot other than the fact he was on holiday with Stevie?

Nothing concrete, just something I've heard from a guy who told me about the Stranraer two a while before it appeared on here. I'd be surprised as well if I'm honest, I just assumed he'd see out his career with you lot.

Wouldn't be overly bothered tbh. That injury at the end of the 14/15 season has clearly gubbed him. Even with a pre season last year he was clearly strugglung for fitness the whole time he was with us.

I'd say it would be worth persisting with Daryll for another season. Not only was he making the step up from part-time to full-time, he also played most of his football before going to Dundee at LB. People I spoke to who saw him play at the end of the season said his confidence seemed to be shot. With a bit more time and a run of games he might still come good. If he does leave then he'd be an excellent addition for Ayr.

I'd say it would be worth persisting with Daryll for another season. Not only was he making the step up from part-time to full-time, he also played most of his football before going to Dundee at LB. People I spoke to who saw him play at the end of the season said his confidence seemed to be shot. With a bit more time and a run of games he might still come good. If he does leave then he'd be an excellent addition for Ayr.

He wouldn't be the first player to prove me wrong. He's been unlucky with injuries admittedly, but he's looked a nervous wreck when playing. Zero composure and he's not as good in the air as I thought he'd be. Gadzhalov turned it around so I won't rule him out, but Hartley was playing Gadzhalov and Konrad (Who we've now released) ahead of Meggatt so I don't think Hartley believes he'll truly make the step up.

McCall has just been given the League 1 manager of the season award!

He has done a fantastic job over the last 12 months and already next season is looking promising.

The transformation the team has gone through while still keeping certain players, Forrest, Murphy, Crawford etc has been great. Made excellent signings and has the team playing entertaining football (for the first part of the season anyway).

Any chance of signing news today or renewed contracts ??

Archived