Ayr United, What now 2016/17

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gilmour was the worst player on the park by a distance when he came on. Why we let him take all the set pieces is beyond me.

He wasn't any worse than anyone else tbh. Everyone was abysmal second half. Both Forrest and Gilmour did nothing when they came on.

McDaid looked good in the first half, finishing apart, but did nothing in the second, Forrest added a bit of invention when he came on but again we were lacking up front

Devlin and Gilmour had rotten games, Adams probably would have been kept on if Finnie not gone through a phase of giving free-kicks for every challenge made after his first booking, the midfield aren't doing enough going forward, too many easy passes back the way rather than trying to carry the ball forward

GIlmour was awful. Forrest was a waste of a jersey. Docherty so slow and Devlin's heart wasn't in it after Clyde scored.

Adams is a time bomb. McCall needs to have a word. The game changed when they had to take him off before he got sent off. It's the same every week.

Only positive was McDaid who looks like he will be a decent signing if we can get Farid in the middle.

Not confident.  The last time we won in the league was in October and the last time we won any game (in normal time) was in late November.  We have struggled against both QP and Clyde and while it seems like could have won today, we were also lucky that Clyde hit the post and did not score late on.  I was hopeful that we might have done better today having performed quite well at Hibs.  There was also the possibility of getting additional funds in if we won and got Celtic or Rangers next which should have been a motivation

I think McCall is a great manager for the club - you only need to see some of the players he has brought in. Hopefully El Alagui and Moore (when fit) will make a difference.  We have really gone all season so far without a striker though and yet again the problem showed up again when we struggled to put the ball in the net.

Forced to retire? That sounds like a stretch on the back of one injury.

The head injury he got made a lot of people think he wouldn't come back from it. Lots of players who suffer serious head injuries don't come back the same player.

He's obviously injury prone so it wouldn't surprise me if he took a knock that forced him to retire.

1 hour ago, somerset_lad00 said:

It's looking increasingly likely that he'll be forced to retire before he's 25.

Feel sorry for the guy as he was fantastic last year and looked as though he could have had a really good career.

Pull yourself together fs. It's a back strain, he should be back for Saturday. 

The head injury that he's fully recovered from? 
IMG_1872.JPG.141c5abedcc5966d7b17c7272d2bd0e9.JPG

I'm not saying he will never have a career again but he's got a track record of injuries not just with us but at Motherwell as well. If he keeps getting injured then it will affect his career.

Archived