Ayr United, What now 2016/17

My apologies to the wee man he was watching the game,great signing for you guys keep him fit and you have got a player,by the way when do we lose you,bursting to have a go at Livi.

GTF day is 1st June, so you have the pleasure of our presence for another day.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My apologies to the wee man he was watching the game,great signing for you guys keep him fit and you have got a player.

He made a mockery of Doc in both playoff games - just hope he keeps it up against higher opposition come August!

Agreed, think Doc is in the same category

Fingers crossed for both.

We need to try and avoid the wholesale change approach. Success will come from building a team gradually.

The long term plan ultimately comes down to ownership of the club. I would like to see the government take the lead supporting community ownership or something similar - but I can't see it anytime soon.

So we need a local, wealthy, but sensible sugar daddy.

Ro££ County are outwith our reach. No way could we financially compete.

I remember when only a handful of teams could compete with us financially, look at where it took us.

I remember when only a handful of teams could compete with us financially, look at where it took us.

Yep similar situation. Size of support doesnt match the outlay.

It hurts me when young Ayr supporters who have never known how well a supported club we were, accept that we are a small time club. Half the clubs in the premiership couldn't live with us in terms of support if we were successful, but there's the rub,becoming successful. Unfortunately we have a backward board that needs a clear out and replaced by a younger forward thinking board. Lachlan Cameron puts plenty of his cash in but that's about it, there is no planning for the future developement of the club. We stand on the brink of taking this club forward to where it belongs or staying stagnant in the bowels of Scottish football. Directors, it's over to you.

It hurts me when young Ayr supporters who have never known how well a supported club we were, accept that we are a small time club. Half the clubs in the premiership couldn't live with us in terms of support if we were successful, but there's the rub,becoming successful. Unfortunately we have a backward board that needs a clear out and replaced by a younger forward thinking board. Lachlan Cameron puts plenty of his cash in but that's about it, there is no planning for the future developement of the club. We stand on the brink of taking this club forward to where it belongs or staying stagnant in the bowels of Scottish football. Directors, it's over to you.

Cameron has said that he would happily sell the club for almost nothing as long as the new owners could prove that they could clear out all the debts and improve the club. He wont give the club to someone unless it is in the clubs best interests. Without Cameron there is a good chance we wouldn't be a football team.

Yep similar situation. Size of support doesnt match the outlay.

Derek I'm puzzled at why you seem determined to talk down the potential of the club. Years of yo yo between the 2nd and 3rd tiers has put us in the doldrums. Those of us in our late 40's or older have seen highs and lows and periods of 3 figure crowds and 5 figure crowds and being a top 6 club.

Ayr Utd has always needed a catalyst to get us going, hopefully Ian McCall can be the next catalyst but our own fans pouring cold water over the excitement won't help to waken up the fan base. It's worth noting that a few of us are basing our views on the experience of seeing it and being there and we know what can happen with this club and we believe it can happen again.

The crowds barely came out when we were second in the first division and generally challenging at the top end of that league.

Its very clear that varying numbers will come out once or twice a season for whatever big games that year brings but there isnt much evidence in any of my 20 years going that there are numbers desperate to go regularly under certain circumstances.

In the 20 years you have watched them they have been in the bowels of Scottish football. As Saltire says, the older generation have been there and seen it, we know the potential is there. Playing in the lower leagues of Scottish football won't bring out a support. Forward thinking and ambition might.

The crowds barely came out when we were second in the first division and generally challenging at the top end of that league.

Its very clear that varying numbers will come out once or twice a season for whatever big games that year brings but there isnt much evidence in any of my 20 years going that there are numbers desperate to go regularly under certain circumstances.

That period coincided with everyone else building new stadiums and we were playing in Somerset with no hope of promotion even if we'd won the league, hence the response to the first Heathfield proposal. Another example of circumstances conspiring against us. As you said though, for big games they turned out.

Wee bit of info about the challenge cup lifted from the Arbroath thread after their AGM.

They are going ahead with the proposed changes so we will enter in round 2.

post-21687-0-66860700-1464645403_thumb.p

We should also just play our u20 side for this tournament in my opinion.

Right so they are gonna come out regularly when we look like winning the championship yeah?

Right so they are gonna come out regularly when we look like winning the championship yeah?

We'd be the only club int the country that didn't see that happen if they didn't. 

Archived