Ayr United, What now 2016/17

8 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

It is though.

Imagine the rage if Dunfermline were in our current signing position :lol:

We have been pretty much rancid for about fifteen years. Every time we have had a chance to stay up in this league we have bottled it. Again, we have a chance but appear to be employing an embarrassing signing policy. This would lead plenty people to wonder what the point is after going straight back down again. 

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It is crucial we stay up this season. Have spoken to many people this season who have said if we go down they are chucking it. 

I personally would never stop watching Ayr Utd because I love the club but can understand why some would. The club is run by amateurs and have zero ambition to grow. Potentially we could be bigger than half the premiership teams.

Nope I'm sorry but if you suddenly abandon your team just because they get relegated you deserve to be strung up from a lamppost and beaten with sticks. Being a supporter means celebrating the good times but having to put up with the crap.

These are the same folk that will suddenly return to Somerset when Ayr get promoted again and act as though they never left.

Nope I'm sorry but if you suddenly abandon your team just because they get relegated you deserve to be strung up from a lamppost and beaten with sticks. Being a supporter means celebrating the good times but having to put up with the crap.

These are the same folk that will suddenly return to Somerset when Ayr get promoted again and act as though they never left.

It's human nature though. Just about every team that gets relegated sees crowds go down. Need to be positive though there is a long way to go couple of good results would push us up the table.

8 minutes ago, somerset_lad00 said:

50 odd yrs of frustration, give us a fkn break

50 odd yrs of frustration, give us a fkn break

We are probably the biggest under achievers in scottish football in the last 30 years I've been watching them. Us Morton and qos competing for that title [emoji53]

2 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

We had pace and width for the first time when McCrorie played out wide. He had a couple of poor games but to say he was poor is utter nonsense. 

Ok, I'll compromise, he was mediocre.   Somewhere between Ryan Borris and Jonathan Tiffoney.

28 minutes ago, somerset_lad00 said:

I've continued to watch us over several relegations, however a relegation in which we go down due to a disgraceful (so far) January signing policy is completely diffferent. 

I've continued to watch us over several relegations, however a relegation in which we go down due to a disgraceful (so far) January signing policy is completely diffferent. 

I'm not questioning yourself. I'm saying thought that there are loads of folk that go to Somerset and other grounds that only go to watch when the team is playing well but will act as though they have been there through thick and thin.

I genuinely think McCall is trying to get a striker in. He can't do anything about Loy , Shankland or Hardie choosing to go to a full time team. He's probably put too much expectation of the signing of Harkins to be fair. Expected him to single hamdely keep us up but instead he's sort of disoriented the whole shape. A bit like Stevo did when he returned.

Also I don't get the calls of desperation for a winger. Might be early days but McGuffie has shown he can play this level. Just need to use him at the right times as I think he looks a better prospect that Forrest did. Quicker, more skill full and better at beating his defender.

If we were struggling chances then I could understand people wanting some creativity out wide but were creating a decent amount of chance in matches at the moment. It's someone to put them away that we need.

1 hour ago, No_Problemo said:

This. It's so frustrating as we are genuinely only a few players away from a team who will stay up but McCall/the board are having an absoulote mare. 

Imagine the rage if Dunfermline were in our current signing position [emoji38]

We're a massive 5 points ahead of you and we play the top four next, we're not miles away.

Regardless anyone who beats on about giving up on supporting there team after a relegation is showing old firm levels of glory hunting.

Ayr are a team that is probably going to spend allot of it's time jumping in between the championship and league 1,best deal with that.

You've got the 3rd lowest crowds in the league, by the end of the season it'll probably be the second lowest. While crowds aren't the be all end all they matter allot when you don't have someone willing to put money into the club.

We're a massive 5 points ahead of you and we play the top four next, we're not miles away.

Regardless anyone who beats on about giving up on supporting there team after a relegation is showing old firm levels of glory hunting.

Ayr are a team that is probably going to spend allot of it's time jumping in between the championship and league 1,best deal with that.

You've got the 3rd lowest crowds in the league, by the end of the season it'll probably be the second lowest. While crowds aren't the be all end all they matter allot when you don't have someone willing to put money into the club.

If success was all about crowds the Premiership would look very differently.

9 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Third lowest? I thought it was second lowest, who's behind us? Dumbarton and? 

18 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Third lowest? I thought it was second lowest, who's behind us? Dumbarton and? 

Surprisingly enough, Queen of the South are slightly lower than us. We're also less than 100 behind 1922 Scottish Cup winners Morton. #proud

http://www.european-football-statistics.co.uk/attn/avesco.htm

6 hours ago, placidcasual said:

Surprisingly enough, Queen of the South are slightly lower than us. We're also less than 100 behind 1922 Scottish Cup winners Morton. #proud

http://www.european-football-statistics.co.uk/attn/avesco.htm

And if we were in their position we would get considerably more than the "largest provincial club in Scotland".

8 hours ago, Grant228 said:

It's not about relegation though; it's about having one solitary injury prone striker and no wide players that McCall will play. 

I'm not questioning yourself. I'm saying thought that there are loads of folk that go to Somerset and other grounds that only go to watch when the team is playing well but will act as though they have been there through thick and thin.
I genuinely think McCall is trying to get a striker in. He can't do anything about Loy , Shankland or Hardie choosing to go to a full time team. He's probably put too much expectation of the signing of Harkins to be fair. Expected him to single hamdely keep us up but instead he's sort of disoriented the whole shape. A bit like Stevo did when he returned.

This guy kens the score.

16 hours ago, somerset_lad00 said:

If 30,40,50 years isn't thick and thin then I don't know what is, I used to think like you, I was wrong.

That's how we're in the mess that we're in, showing 2 fingers to life long fans thoughts,opinions grievances doesn't retain or grow crowds.

Archived