Ayr United, What now 2016/17

1 hour ago, GaryMc93 said:

If he signed for us on the basis of getting a regular game and has been told that's no longer the case I can see why he'd be frustrated. 

If it's an attitude problem in training then possibly better off without him.

Either way excited for Donald playing at left back when the inevitable suspensions and injuries happen.

I was waiting on Donald being the final sub this afternoon to sum up McCall's clueless day. 

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, GaryMc93 said:

If he signed for us on the basis of getting a regular game and has been told that's no longer the case I can see why he'd be frustrated. 

If it's an attitude problem in training then possibly better off without him.

Either way excited for Donald playing at left back when the inevitable suspensions and injuries happen.

It's probably because he was part of decent enough back 4 then found himself out the team because McCall wanted a giant with no talent next to Balatoni.

Thank f**k I was't there today.

But but but he got us up, he's super, we trust him, any c**t that needs a striker for 5 months and still has nobody lined up is not all that, time for him to walk the walk before it's time for him just to walk.

2 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

It's probably because he was part of decent enough back 4 then found himself out the team because McCall wanted a giant with no talent next to Balatoni.

Thank f**k I was't there today.

But but but he got us up, he's super, we trust him, any c**t that needs a striker for 5 months and still has nobody lined up is not all that, time for him to walk the walk before it's time for him just to walk.

We have also needed a wide player for two fucking years! He talked about needing one last pre season and it never happened.

In the last weeks Grant Anderson has went to Peterhead and Queens look to have made a brilliant signing in Dom Thomas, in these positions, while we continue to play four central midfielders in midfield. 

I'm sure McCall knows what type of players we need to improve the team but getting them in due to budget, availability and is being part time is a major problem. This season was always going to be tough with us fighting relegation, fans need to keep the faith with McCall and back his team.

Aye hes made a few mistakes so has everyone .... he has more football knowledge than every fan on here put together ....hes no daft ....andbest manager weve had in donkeus years ......remember neil watt ,connor,Campbell money and of cpurse roberts .....and the best manager were going to get so lets just get on with it [emoji109] [emoji111]

I have no faith in McCall whatsoever just now, a stubborn unwillingness to try and find another way when it hasn't worked in 3 months is not a good manager.  But it is just like Brian Reid.  

Our squad is way too threadbare to be releasing Meggatt.  That said, I think some on here are indulging in some revisionist history - Meggatt was increasingly erratic through September,  particularly at centre half.  Our upturn in form through October coincided with Murphy being restored to the defence. i don't think that was a coincidence, though some may disagree.  Seems to me that McCall gave up on Meggatt as a centre back round about the Hibs game where he was absolutely inept.  Personally, I saw very little in McKenna 2 seasons ago and I haven't really changed my mind - he is too clumsy, gets caught out of position too easily, doesn't deal with high balls the way you think a big lump should and his distribution is dreadful.  It may be me, but Balatoni doesn't look the same player next to McKenna either - he and Murphy actually looked like a pairing rather than 2 centre halfs playing their own game.  The painful conclusion is that if Murphy really is done, then we need another new centre back, which isn't happening at this stage of the season.

1 hour ago, ftk said:

I'm sure McCall knows what type of players we need to improve the team but getting them in due to budget, availability and is being part time is a major problem. This season was always going to be tough with us fighting relegation, fans need to keep the faith with McCall and back his team.

53 minutes ago, 1nickydevlin said:

Aye hes made a few mistakes so has everyone .... he has more football knowledge than every fan on here put together ....hes no daft ....andbest manager weve had in donkeus years ......remember neil watt ,connor,Campbell money and of cpurse roberts .....and the best manager were going to get so lets just get on with it emoji109.pngemoji111.png

Two members of the "best we've had since Ally" brigade found. 

Posted this in the post match thread yesterday but feels more relevant here.

We continue to play with four centre midfielders across the middle of the park and none of them are capable of skipping past a man and getting in behind the defence. Ross Docherty is the only one of the four who gets pass marks for today's performance. Cairney, Gilmour and Crawford added very little, apart from giving the ball away (a hallmark of Robbie's career at Ayr). Whoever gave that guy the MoM award needs their head checked, I'm fed up watching his pish every week.

Let's get McKenna a rest as well, someone pointed out today that he either rolls the ball back to Fleming or hoofs it up the park to nobody and sure enough, that's all he does. His defensive abilities don't outweigh Murphy's enough to warrant a place in the team. I also feel that Balatoni has looked less than assured next to McKenna, I don't think it's a good partnership.

We have known our weaknesses for 18 months now and yet somehow they have been allowed to deteriorate even further with Preston and Stevenson not being properly replaced and a proven wide player STILL not here. There's 9 days of the transfer window left, I can't see us signing anybody.

We only have two out and out wingers in the squad, Michael Donald and McGuffie both who are not near the starting eleven.

Personally i'd like to see Forrest out on the right hand side but can't see that happening.

Find the part where I said sack McCall and bring back Roberts please? 

I never said you did think you just like a moan. The real problem with Ayr utd is the directors who run the club and the stay away fans not McCall.

1 hour ago, 1nickydevlin said:

Aye hes made a few mistakes so has everyone .... he has more football knowledge than every fan on here put together ....hes no daft ....andbest manager weve had in donkeus years ......remember neil watt ,connor,Campbell money and of cpurse roberts .....and the best manager were going to get so lets just get on with it emoji109.pngemoji111.png

The 2 Rabs weren't great but I'm sure their budget would have been atrocious in comparison to that of Reid,Watt and McCall, I wasn't a fan of them but at least they always pay in with the rest of us when I've seen them at games.

2 minutes ago, ftk said:

I never said you did think you just like a moan. The real problem with Ayr utd is the directors who run the club and the stay away fans not McCall.

Yeah your completely right. The fact we haven't won in 3 months and our subs are always wrong has nothing to do with Ian McCall. 

7 minutes ago, ftk said:

How are stayaway fans a problem?

We only tried to show a bit of ambition getting McCall in due to the crowds disappearing, if we had 2,000 watching us under Roberts Davie White or some other already there cheapo option. 

Yeah your completely right. The fact we haven't won in 3 months and our subs are always wrong has nothing to do with Ian McCall. 

We probably have the lowest budget and are one of only 2 part time teams in the league. If we manage to stay up this season he will have done very well in my book.

The directors have nothing to do with team selection or what players are signed.

How are stayaway fans a problem?
We only tried to show a bit of ambition getting McCall in due to the crowds disappearing, if we had 2,000 watching us under Roberts Davie White or some other already there cheapo option. 

Bigger crowds would give us more money for players. I'm not blaming these fans as the club is run terribly.

Just now, ftk said:

Bigger crowds would give us more money for players. I'm not blaming these fans as the club is run terribly.

Except you did put blame on them.

Archived