Ayr United, What now 2016/17

I quickly knocked up something based on what you guys said about the Sparta/Feyenoord logos....I'm not brilliant at graphic design but it's something.  Added some read for some colour...had though the saltire instead of black and white hoops but wasn't sure if that was allowed under these stupid rules or not...and I know the text didn't match up correctly, like I say it's a rough draft.  
new ayr logo.png

That's not bad getting there

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Can't we just have the above with the original badge in the middle? As the shield is the issue....

Yeah I would like to see it kept as close as possible to the old badge too

Ok..so what about this?  It's not a shield so no coat of arms and we can keep the saltire...managed to salvage as much of the original badge as I could think of....similar to Man City and Feyenoord in terms of shape.  If the saltire was an issue...could change it to a black and white cross?

new ayr logo 2nd draft.png

Ok..so what about this?  It's not a shield so no coat of arms and we can keep the saltire...managed to salvage as much of the original badge as I could think of....similar to Man City and Feyenoord in terms of shape.  If the saltire was an issue...could change it to a black and white cross?

That's out new badge [emoji178]

10 minutes ago, super_carson said:

Couldn't' figure out how to flip it so it still ran as an oval in photoshop...but the basic idea is there...I quite like it. 

I think if the design had our traditional bit at the top with the saltire below (black and white may even be better than the traditional saltire) then it would be perfect. 

48 minutes ago, super_carson said:

22 minutes ago, jimmy boo said:

Shouldn't the words Football Club be the right way up?

Aye, if you do that then that would be pretty decent. I'd still be seething about losing your old badge mind you.

Managed to flip the text....hopefully looks bit better now.  Any other suggestions instead of the saltire in the middle?

new ayr logo.png

Only thing is it's a bit similar to this ????ba3c02fee48d8dd45ff220cfa37a70c2.jpg

10 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

Also like these! 

Personally though as close to the original as possible, but circular and may be in favour of a black and white saltire. 

IMG_1379.PNG

Those badges are absolutely horrific

Archived