Ayr United, What now 2016/17

On 2017-05-03 at 21:17, Dindeleux said:

You could if you worked 70 hours a week.

Assuming you're just a minimum wage worker at McDonalds (which most footballers would be), you'd need to do 50hrs a week to get 350quid

But at least at McDonalds if you get abuse yelled at you by old wanks, you can just spit in their big macs instead of jumping the terrace wall to square go them a la Mark Roberts

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, mugen_power said:

Assuming you're just a minimum wage worker at McDonalds (which most footballers would be), you'd need to do 50hrs a week to get 350quid

But at least at McDonalds if you get abuse yelled at you by old wanks, you can just spit in their big macs instead of jumping the terrace wall to square go them a la Mark Roberts

Didn't happen.

On Wed May 03 2017 at 13:21, DumbartonTheSons said:

Whether it's true or not I don't know, but there was chat on a thread a week or so ago, which seemed to be confirmed by a QOS fan, that Donnie was on close to £2k per week. Now if that wasn't subsidised in some way, I'd love to know how it was financed.

:lol:

It was NOT confirmed by a QoS fan and there is about zero chance any if them would know. The £2k per week figure was something Peter Houston threw out to Falkirk fans in an open meeting early season that they all took as gospel.

:lol:
It was NOT confirmed by a QoS fan and there is about zero chance any if them would know. The £2k per week figure was something Peter Houston threw out to Falkirk fans in an open meeting early season that they all took as gospel.

Fair enough, I didn't know that.

Just playing a sort of devil's advocate here, but I notice you don't totally dispel the possibility that he's on that much. Is there a chance he is?

I realise you'll say there's a chance he could be on anything, cards close to chest 'n all, but hey.[emoji6]

No complaints we were the worst team in the league. Run like a league one team so deserve to be in league one. Can't see much changing until the owner is gone [emoji52]

No complaints we were the worst team in the league. Run like a league one team so deserve to be in league one. Can't see much changing until the owner is gone [emoji52]

Yeah but at least we still have a club. The ownership issue is a massive one - but the guy has done pretty well by us.

Yeah but at least we still have a club. The ownership issue is a massive one - but the guy has done pretty well by us.

Done pretty well??? Running us into the ground more like. I don't believe half his bullshit he said last week.

Done pretty well??? Running us into the ground more like. I don't believe half his bullshit he said last week.

Would you rather he sold us to the first bidder?

It's far from ideal (which he knows better than anyone) but he clearly cares about the club. Whether you believe all his bullshit or not it's clear he's ploughed a serious amount of money in, and for what in return?

I want a better ownership situation too but he's not the biggest problem.

On 11/03/2017 at 06:02, young buck said:

Positives:

Murphy and cairney are not available

its daylight so darkface won't be able to use the terrace as camouflage 

Negatives:

doc and adamski are out.

Inability to kill fucking heads in could cost us 

get doon and stay doon racist c*nts

Other than Nicky Devlin who is decent and Greg Fleming who is also decent, personally I couldn't care less who goes as I'm sure any replacements will not be much worse than what we had.

Maybe it was the tactics and playing style but the last couple of years is the worst Ayr Utd team I can ever remember watching, with possibly the exception of the Ronnie Yuill season where Brian Bilsland was our star player !!

The number one priority for next season is to either recruit players who are willing to "take on their man" and "hit a shot" or alternatively explain to the existing ones that football matches cannot be won without scoring goals (and it's normally impossible to score a goal when a shot isn't directed towards the goal).

Is this McCall to blame ? or are our players just incapable / stupid ??

Who knows, but what I do know is that we'll have no support left, if we keep playing this pathetic boring and worthless brand of football..........

Archived