Ayr United, What now 2016/17

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Would be surprised if this happened but the reaction from the Pars fans would be class if it did.

Dunfermline seethe if we sign him, the Finnish boy

I can't think of a single reason as to why any Dunfermline fan would be bothered in the slightest, Ayr are a total irrelevance.

Speaks volumes about how genuinely wound up Ayr fans are from ladt year though. They're more interested in trying to get Dunfermline fans "Seething" than how good the player may actually be.

Then again I remember when some on here were talking about Faissal, same thing.

Was he actually any good at Dunfermline. I can't remember him doing anything of note there nor at Hibs. He had a good season with Falkirk but that was 2 or 3 years back now. Doesn't seem to have the same fitness levels now.

Mind you he's better than nothing

I can't think of a single reason as to why any Dunfermline fan would be bothered in the slightest, Ayr are a total irrelevance.

Speaks volumes about how genuinely wound up Ayr fans are from ladt year though. They're more interested in trying to get Dunfermline fans "Seething" than how good the player may actually be.

And yet, here you are, posting in the Ayr thread

1 hour ago, Grant228 said:

Comments like that are par for the course on Pie and Bovril, especially when it's about a team whose fans are attracted to any Ayr thread like flies to shite.

Fans of the team who finished second getting wound up is one thing, fans of the team who romped to the title still desperately telling us how not bothered they are about us is something else.

Was he actually any good at Dunfermline. I can't remember him doing anything of note there nor at Hibs. He had a good season with Falkirk but that was 2 or 3 years back now. Doesn't seem to have the same fitness levels now.

Mind you he's better than nothing

Might do well at Ayr, if he signs. His lack of mobility was an issue with us, as we have been trying to attack with pace. The fact that he's more interested in going for the defender than the ball in every aerial challenge, was also an issue. He looked good for a couple of games, but couldn't perform consistently. Johnston confirmed after he'd had 3/4 consecutive starts, that if he played at the weekend, he was unable to train until Thursday the following week, because of aches/pains. At a full time team, that was a big problem. If he wasn't scoring every week, Johnston would struggle to justify playing him over players that worked hard in every training session. Therefore, he might be better suited to being part-time.

I don't doubt that he gave his all for us, I just think injuries have got the better of him. Hopefully he can kickstart his career, wherever he ends up, as it seems like he just wants to play football again. Of course he was going to be frustrated at his lack of action, but he just didn't fit into our team.

1 hour ago, CallumPar said:

Might do well at Ayr, if he signs. His lack of mobility was an issue with us, as we have been trying to attack with pace. The fact that he's more interested in going for the defender than the ball in every aerial challenge, was also an issue. He looked good for a couple of games, but couldn't perform consistently. Johnston confirmed after he'd had 3/4 consecutive starts, that if he played at the weekend, he was unable to train until Thursday the following week, because of aches/pains. At a full time team, that was a big problem. If he wasn't scoring every week, Johnston would struggle to justify playing him over players that worked hard in every training session. Therefore, he might be better suited to being part-time.

I don't doubt that he gave his all for us, I just think injuries have got the better of him. Hopefully he can kickstart his career, wherever he ends up, as it seems like he just wants to play football again. Of course he was going to be frustrated at his lack of action, but he just didn't fit into our team.

If he's got a brain in the final third it'll be a step up from most of our options this season.

17 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

Faissal wins the league at Sommerset Park and captured on film itzdrk finally succumbs to his greatness. His workmates do not approve.

I just like fitba and Hugo Boss. 

38 minutes ago, blackislekillie said:

The big boy McKenzie looked a hand full against us in the dev cup. He had big Wilson owned and he's first team with us now. Are you going to sign anyone better?

We re-called him from his loan, pissing off Cumnock in the process by taking their top goalscorer for the run-in and didn't even have him on the bench on Saturday.

If he isn't in the squad this weekend he never will be

Archived