Ayr United, What now 2016/17

7 hours ago, 1nickydevlin said:

Really disapointed with the crowd aswell even at a fiver we cant get 1500 @ home end ....really feel were getting nowhere

They probably read the negativity spouted all week that we are down get a grip what else do you expect 5.15 start and on telly.  Nobody is going to watch abeaten team 

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, wuffster said:

What mess are we in? We are 9th and having a poor run of form. Most Ayr fans would have been delighted with 8th before the season started. It may go badly it may not. Less than a month after the board had a "meet the fans" event you are predictably on here bumping your gums about "2 fingers". Drama queen/better-fan-than-you attitude imo.

You are correct, we've got the board,ground,manager,team,mentality,organisation,fan engagement,business engagement and finances of our dreams.

Staying in this league has to be the top priority and just accepting the odd season in the old first division quite simply isn't good enough. It's a sad day when we look on the likes of Dumbarton with envy (no disrespect intended) and I also find it pretty pathetic that many of our supporters see this is acceptable.

It's all very well supporting your team through thick and thin and accepting poor results as par for the course, however when the club is showing no ambition or any sort of future planning then it can test the patience of even the most ardent of fans, especially those who don't stay locally and those without season tickets who are expected to fork out £17 plus added extras on a dismal winters day.

The bottom line is that we require signings fast and we must at least appear to be pulling out all the stops to remain in this league, otherwise we'll be back to crowds of under 1,000, games with no atmosphere or travelling support and the continual spiral downwards......

Staying in this league has to be the top priority and just accepting the odd season in the old first division quite simply isn't good enough. It's a sad day when we look on the likes of Dumbarton with envy (no disrespect intended) and I also find it pretty pathetic that many of our supporters see this is acceptable.

No offence taken, but I find a lot of Ayr fans have ideas above their station.

You're place in Scottish football is similar to ourselves. Scraping it out at the bottom of this league or fighting for promotion in the league below.

It's no longer the 80s, Ayr are part-time diddies just like ourselves and some fans really need to learn to accept it.

I'm not one to question usually, but this has been nothing short of a disaster for mccall. I know there are funds there and the releases of O'Connell, Nisbet and Donald haven't made much of a difference, McCall just can't seem to find the "right player". Well he has to take a punt or we're down without a whimper. Bar McGuffie who for some reason he won't start, we don't have a winger. We have 1 striker and 7/8 central midfielders. He has to bite the bullet and bring bodies in, that on Saturday was embarrassing and I fear for the next few weeks, we'll struggle v Clyde/Stirling just like we did v QP. 

Take a fucking gamble McCall.

You're place in Scottish football is similar to ourselves. Scraping it out at the bottom of this league or fighting for promotion in the league below.

It's no longer the 80s, Ayr are part-time diddies just like ourselves and some fans really need to learn to accept it.

The same part time diddies that had more of an away support than u had home support at the 3 nil game [emoji23]

27 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

What happened in the 80's? 

27 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

1 minute ago, The Moonster said:

How are those crowds working out for you?

That's the point. The crowds are much bigger and there's a far larger catchment area, yet we're struggling to even get to the same level as Dumbarton.

I'll never accept that the only team from a town the size of Ayr can never progress beyond part-time status and being second tier cannon fodder. What an utterly depressing lack of ambition that would be.

Archived