Ayr United, What now 2016/17

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This (made by el gringo) is decent to be fair and more or less reflects what we had to do with our badge once Lord Lyon got involved.
IMG_1485250080.120252.jpg
Shamelessly stolen from last years "New badge for Ayr" thread.

If we could just get that in a circle it would be perfect.

1 hour ago, Diamond Oracle said:

This (made by el gringo) is decent to be fair and more or less reflects what we had to do with our badge once Lord Lyon got involved.

Either this, the same without the shield, or go for something completely different and modern i think

28 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Should be absolutely brand new IMO. 

Yep, we can't expect the club to modernise their practises then tinker with the past ourselves.

On 1/23/2017 at 19:31, super_carson said:

I quickly knocked up something based on what you guys said about the Sparta/Feyenoord logos....I'm not brilliant at graphic design but it's something.  Added some read for some colour...had though the saltire instead of black and white hoops but wasn't sure if that was allowed under these stupid rules or not...and I know the text didn't match up correctly, like I say it's a rough draft.  

new ayr logo.png

This sort of thing with this in the middle but replace the solid outer line with a rope style could possibly work

au.jpg

Quite stunning that a football club needs to change its crest because of some 17th century pish. That law should be ripped up, 'heraldry' means f**k all in Scotland today. 

14 hours ago, Diamond Oracle said:

We should stand against this lord lyon pish it hasnt been an issue for over 100 years so they can get tae f**k.

#nobadgechanges

I see Cammy Smith of Aberdeen, currently on loan at Dundee United is looking for another loan option to get more game time. Don't know a huge amount about him but could be an option. Three goals in eleven so far this season. 

I see St Mirren are rumoured, but how many strikers do they need! In Loy and Sutton they already have two of the better ones in the league. 

On the badge thing. Does anyone remember the time that Ruth Davidson pledged to save the Ayr Badge?

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/local-news/save-badge-scots-tory-leader-6953117

“Rest assured, John (Scott) and I will fight Ayr United’s corner on this one.”

Wonder how that fight is coming along?

C'mon LC, the boys on the pitch have earned a five figure sum for the club surely, reaching the last 16 of the Scottish Cup.

With a potential money spinning quarter final on the horizon, now would be the perfect time to sanction that extra few hundred quid a week on a quality striker if we can identify the right one and who may have previously been out with our budget. I would imagine all prize money gathered from any cup run would not be budgeted for.

Our Badge / Club Crest is as important to the club, if not more so, than our Stadium and IS our history. Personally I'd be looking on them fighting it all the way and causing as much trouble as possible in the press and across social media as is heavenly possible. If someone can produce a 21st century common sense rationale as to WHY we need to change this, then believe me, I'd love to hear it.

Personally, I'd say screw them !!

Wat happens if we dont change it ....

Agree,
What a farce this is. There are also laws prohibiting people carrying a plank of wood across a pavement, suspiciously handling a salmon, and it remains illegal to be drunk in a pub... these need to be enforced too

Archived