Ayr United, What now 2016/17

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

I find it ludicrous that he was found guilty in a civil court even though the procurator fiscal were not able to prosecute them. Therefore I wouldn't have an issue with him playing for us

It's not remotely ludicrous. It's very difficult to prove a rape case in a criminal court. 

I must be in an alternative alternative universe.

I'll clarify my position, I'd rather see Ayr getting relegated than see Goodwillie in an Ayr strip as it stands at the moment.

Are we really saying that signing Goodwillie will be good thing as there has been a lack of atmosphere at games because everyone gets offended to easily and having a rapist would be good banter?

I know the lads still got the right to make a living etc, but i think its way to soon to be signing him and would probably drive more fans away than being relegated would.

I must be missing something here as I don't remember all this outrage over Goodwillie last week or indeed over David Robertson when he played for us. Nothing has changed from last week except a ruling in the civil courts, the actual alleged "incident" happened years ago and the criminal prosecution was big news and well known especially within footballing circles. I applaud some of you for your supposed "morals" but find it all strangely misplaced..........

It's not remotely ludicrous. It's very difficult to prove a rape case in a criminal court. 

These things are hard to prove I know that but just because she said it happened didn't mean it happened and vice versa. I just don't think that someone should be taken to court in a civil case have their name dragged through the mud when they weren't able to prosecute them. It just reeks of another ched Evans moment!

Most of you won't like this, however I'd happily have both Goodwillie and Evans playing for us if they kept us in this division and had us playing exciting attractive football.

Sorry, but I lost sight of my morals at Arbroath, East Fife, Peterhead, Albion Rovers and the likes (No disrespect intended).

22 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

I must be missing something here as I don't remember all this outrage over Goodwillie last week or indeed over David Robertson when he played for us. Nothing has changed from last week except a ruling in the civil courts, the actual alleged "incident" happened years ago and the criminal prosecution was big news and well known especially within footballing circles. I applaud some of you for your supposed "morals" but find it all strangely misplaced..........

There's a big difference from yesterday to any previous time period with regard to Goodwillie & Robertson.

8 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

These things are hard to prove I know that but just because she said it happened didn't mean it happened and vice versa. I just don't think that someone should be taken to court in a civil case have their name dragged through the mud when they weren't able to prosecute them. It just reeks of another ched Evans moment!

The Pursuer still has to satisfy a burden of proof to the court, albeit it's a lower bar that's being, set based on the balance of probabilities rather than beyond reasonable doubt. What the woman has done in this case is perfectly legal. If you disagree, maybe you should lobby to have the law changed?

Archived