Ayr United, What now 2016/17

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
With Moore out injured I'm not sure where our goals are going to come from can only see a defeat coming and then all the optimistic fans to be moaning on Saturday night. No sign of the 3-4 new faces that McCall promised would be in place for the first game, very disappointing.

What an absolute buzzkill. A ball's not been kicked in the league campaign and you're already doom and gloom.

27 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

What an absolute buzzkill. A ball's not been kicked in the league campaign and you're already doom and gloom.

Perhaps not the most motivational post I've ever read but it's bang on the money. In McCall we trust and no doubt he has a plan in place which long term will see us ok. As it currently stands the first few weeks have been made tougher for us as not fully prepared yet. 

Think Jamie Thomas might surprise a few and put in a good performance, not guaranteeing it though!

What has happened with this Jordan McMillan ex Partick Thistle centre-back deal which was supposed to be done before tomorrow. Probably a one which we'll lose out at the last minute to a part-time team.

Also any more on Gary Harkins, he could possibly appear for someone tomorrow as a trialist and it could be for falkirk from what i've heard.

1 minute ago, rb123! said:

Think Jamie Thomas might surprise a few and put in a good performance, not guaranteeing it though!

What has happened with this Jordan McMillan ex Partick Thistle centre-back deal which was supposed to be done before tomorrow. Probably a one which we'll lose out at the last minute to a part-time team.

Also any more on Gary Harkins, he could possibly appear for someone tomorrow as a trialist and it could be for falkirk from what i've heard.

I meant that we'll lose out to a full-time team for McMillan!

2 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Can't play trialists in the Championship...unless the rules have changed over the summer?

Ramone Blackett who is the brother of Tyler Blackett at Man Utd has been training with us for the last week.

Is 21 years old and a winger who can play on the left or right in midfield as far as i know.

11 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Ramone Blackett who is the brother of Tyler Blackett at Man Utd has been training with us for the last week.

Is 21 years old and a winger who can play on the left or right in midfield as far as i know.

Knew we had a winger in, good to get a name.

Ramone Blackett was at the game today and took part in the warm up i believe so it looks as if we're going to be getting him in.

Also Derek McInnes was in the stand today, don't think he'll have much to worry about after seeing us play like that today.

Think Murphy will be found out at this level. Donald couldn't get a game for us in league 1 and was starting today shows you how much of a screw up pre seasons been. To start a season 5/6 players short is a complete nonsense. If you look at how important our first months results were at the start of last season being part time means we need to start well and be prepared for results to start dropping off after Xmas.

Think it's more realism - Raith will be a mid table side and that's the sort of teams we need to be picking points up at home against over the season. To go into a game like that with basically no striker and guys like Donald who have done a job but weren't top level league 1 players.. That's a worry.

We need to use the loan market well and spring some surprises. Moore will be excellent if fit..but will he stay fit? And Thomas not starting suggests they don't have confidence in him.

11 minutes ago, Hursty said:

Think it's more realism - Raith will be a mid table side and that's the sort of teams we need to be picking points up at home against over the season. To go into a game like that with basically no striker and guys like Donald who have done a job but weren't top level league 1 players.. That's a worry.

We need to use the loan market well and spring some surprises. Moore will be excellent if fit..but will he stay fit? And Thomas not starting suggests they don't have confidence in him.

Thomas didn't start as he had a slight knock apparently.

I'm still hoping we get 3 or 4 people in before QOS. If we don't then I will begin to get worried. 

Archived