Ayr United, What now 2016/17

Drew 2-2 with Maybole tonight. Looked like mainly the 17's with McCracken, Rose, Wardrope & O'Connell playing.

Bit of an average performance, scraped the draw with a 2nd half penalty. To be fair, I don't imagine many of the guys had played together before and it showed.

First time I've really seen O'Connell and he looked lost, worrying considering he was playing against a 39 year old and a guy that was playing with Wallacetown Amateurs until recently.

McCall was present, don't think he'd have been overly impressed by any of the performances from the guys in and around the 1st team.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure why no one has been on here since Wednesday and surprised it hasn't been mentioned already but we're through to the last 16 of the league cup.

Very surprised and also delighted that we have been able to get this far going by the group we were put in.

Who do we want in the next round? Personally i'd rather have someone like Alloa to give us the best possible chance of making the quarters.

I'd rather take a payday, especially given the time of the season. An away draw to either side of the old firm would be ideal - £30-40k could translate into a couple of quality players and potentially mean the difference between relegation and survival this season. That's IF the funds were released to Ian McCall, although that's a debate for another time.

12 minutes ago, DanielB said:

I'd rather take a payday, especially given the time of the season. An away draw to either side of the old firm would be ideal - £30-40k could translate into a couple of quality players and potentially mean the difference between relegation and survival this season. That's IF the funds were released to Ian McCall, although that's a debate for another time.

7k bonus for qualifying. Home tie next please.

We'll need the funds considering we've sold less season tickets than last year. Without get torn a new one by the "everything is awesome" brigade in what way do we all think we as a club could do more to encourage more support? Me personally would be a earlier open day and a better social media presence.

Someone on the SRE saying each team gets £30k for qualifying, apparently confirmed by Jim McInally on the radio last night. I'd much rather take a payday and exit at this stage, league has to be the priority this year. Fed up of this yo-yo nonsense!

11 minutes ago, DanielB said:

Someone on the SRE saying each team gets £30k for qualifying, apparently confirmed by Jim McInally on the radio last night. I'd much rather take a payday and exit at this stage, league has to be the priority this year. Fed up of this yo-yo nonsense!

2nd place get 23k for not qualifying. Payday and win would be much more palatable.

3 hours ago, rb123! said:

Not sure why no one has been on here since Wednesday and surprised it hasn't been mentioned already but we're through to the last 16 of the league cup.

Very surprised and also delighted that we have been able to get this far going by the group we were put in.

Who do we want in the next round? Personally i'd rather have someone like Alloa to give us the best possible chance of making the quarters.

There's a domestic cup forum mate.

Alloa at home would definitely be the best draw. Although still a tricky tie, they've obviously made a great start to the season.

2 hours ago, DanielB said:

The best way of getting a "payday" would be to progress. 

We'll get 30k if we exit in the 2nd round, 50k if we exit in the quarters. Then you'd have an increased chance of getting one of the big boys and having the game covered on TV (you get 20k for having your game shown in the 2nd round/quarters).

Aberdeen at home, happy with that.

Is there a chance of this being on a different date to the other games because of Aberdeen in Europe possibly on a Thursday night, not sure of the European dates.

Archived