Ayr United, What now 2016/17

That's all I came on and said.

No, this is all you came on and said:

there's quite a few reasons. Wasn't happy one bit with his time at Somerset. I'd rather keep off here why but he's already been asked and has said no. He's in America just now with The Rangers first team and is off to Canada after. So you can make that 3 players who've knocked us back

Why? Because I'm no writing the reasons a 18 year old boy didn't enjoy his time at a club. He's about 5th in the pecking order at rangers and still wouldn't come here ask yourself why? He probably end up at Raith I would think.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heard today from a guy at work that Nisbet and McKenzie have both left the club. Bit unfortunate for them as they never seemed to get the chance that some of the others got last year. So we've no strikers for the game at Stenny on Saturday. Wonder if we might go with the 4:6:0 formation made famous by Craig Levein.

Any ideas where the other lads who played along with Nisbet and McKenzie at 20s have went, have they moved to other teams ?  

I heard about a month ago from someone who follows Cumnock, he said McKenzie had had a falling out with someone at Ayr and had chucked football completely.

But he then played the last 2-3 games for them scoring a few goals, not sure if he patched things up at the club or there had been no falling out at all

Hypothetically speaking, If McCrorie doesn't enjoy training a couple of times a week in the evening, and playing a first team game on a Saturday he doesnt really have much of a future as a footballer.

As for the playing in different positions, he's 18 years old and should really just be happy playing first team football and getting used to it. From what I saw he's certainly not a centre half.

Hypothetically speaking, If McCrorie doesn't enjoy training a couple of times a week in the evening, and playing a first team game on a Saturday he doesnt really have much of a future as a footballer.

As for the playing in different positions, he's 18 years old and should really just be happy playing first team football and getting used to it. From what I saw he's certainly not a centre half.

That's because he's a right back

He likely would've continued training with Rangers part of the week in addition to training with Ayr. In any case, it's incredibly simplistic to say that if he didn't enjoy playing at Ayr then he'll struggle to make it as a player. Any number of things could be at the root cause of him not enjoying his time at Ayr (if it's true). He played several positions without complaining, had McCall single him out for praise for his attitude in a BBC interview recently and kept any complaints he may have had out of the public sphere. He sounds like a model professional, and 'hypothetically' having a go at him is very unfair.

We seem to be spending a lot of time discussing a Rangers reserve player who apparently doesn't want to play for us, who plays in a position that we aren't really struggling in.

Players have problems at clubs - it happens. Players are precious. Hopefully McCrorie has a good career, if not, he might think back and realise being part of a promotion winning team at 18 was actually pretty good.

I've heard at various times through decent sources that a few players weren't happy at times last season. But the fact that petty much all of the senior players were happy to sign in again suggests that it's not any different to what happens at every club in the country.

if you're not enjoying playing every week in a team which achieved promotion as an 18 year old then you're struggling. Hypothetically speaking, as I doubt it to be true, given as you said Mcall's comments about him etc.

And for the other point, when he arrived he said he was either a right back or right midfielder. He's good in the air, the tackle and is full of pace. Would imagine with the right attitude he will go on to do well.

We seem to be spending a lot of time discussing a Rangers reserve player who apparently doesn't want to play for us, who plays in a position that we aren't really struggling in.

Players have problems at clubs - it happens. Players are precious. Hopefully McCrorie has a good career, if not, he might think back and realise being part of a promotion winning team at 18 was actually pretty good.

I've heard at various times through decent sources that a few players weren't happy at times last season. But the fact that petty much all of the senior players were happy to sign in again suggests that it's not any different to what happens at every club in the country.

And this, we need football!!

You certainly can't keep everyone happy in a squad, that's for sure, and as you say we seem to be keeping the better players happy so that's fine by me!

if you're not enjoying playing every week in a team which achieved promotion as an 18 year old then you're struggling.

Since we're speaking hypothetically, what if he didn't fit in, and felt isolated from the other players? What if he grew to resent McCall and his training/communication methods? Should he still feel happy in, and later want to return to, an environment like that just because he's playing regularly in a team that's doing well? I realise this isn't really about McCrorie anymore, but this is a bad attitude to have towards any player.

Decent back up to Greg Fleming.

From what I've heard he's supposed to be a promising player. I would give him a chance tomorrow against Stenny and next week in Gretna. Possibly a couple of league cup games.

Archived