Ayr United, What now 2016/17

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

John Sutton is likely to sign for St Mirren in the coming days as St Johnstone have giving him permission to leave the club.

We're never going to be able to compete with a full time club to sign him.

There was little or no chance of Ayr landing Sutton. Fair play to McCall for going after him but im sure it would be more in hope than expectation.

As a part time club Ayr will always struggle to attract players from full time clubs as this inevitably means a drop in salary for the player. You may get the odd one who nobody else wants.

McCall will realise this and im sure he will be furiously working away at getting in loan signings to add to his squad.

I'm sure the signing of Christian Nade will soften the blow.

It probably would aye, it would also consign me to tears.  I'd like to think that if Nade ends up staying part time that he'll return to us but that's based on nothing but blind hope.

I'm amazed that any of you thought John Sutton would end up at Somerset.

The same ones have us signing David Templeton which is much more mental.

Sutton would be no more ridiculous than you signing Fraser Wright or Darren Barr

The same ones have us signing David Templeton which is much more mental.

Sutton would be no more ridiculous than you signing Fraser Wright or Darren Barr

If St. Mirren are in for Sutton I expect he'll go there. That'll be injury prone Darren Barr that nobody wanted and Fraser Wright who is getting old and wanted to go part time? Sutton doesn't fall into either category.

If St. Mirren are in for Sutton I expect he'll go there. That'll be injury prone Darren Barr that nobody wanted and Fraser Wright who is getting old and wanted to go part time? Sutton doesn't fall into either category.

Except you don't really have any idea what Sutton's preferences are.....

Not that I remotely think he is going to sign for us 😂

I don't think Sutton will be signing for us unfortunately, Rae alluded to "a player" he has been talking to for weeks and believed he had signed, has now chosen another option. I'm 99% sure he's referring to Sutton.

Dundee Courier

Now, he has parted company with Dundee despite having a year left on his deal.

Ayr United manager Ian McCall recently admitted he was a big admirer of Meggatt and the player could now be heading to Somerset Park.

So what do we reckon are the chances of signing Daryl Meggatt.

It would be a fantastic signing if we could get him but i fear we could lose him to a full time club.

Any other names being linked with us, don't know what is happening with John Sutton but the longer it goes on you would say our chances look better.

Dundee fans reckon he was gash and injury prone so he'll be signing for us then!

Totally agree Gaz, ridiculous the lack of transfer activitiy from us. We have started pre season training yet are still a long way away from even having a semi-competent team in place.

Looks like we will be scrapping the barrel for players who can't get another club. Dreading going into next season at present.

Archived