Ayr United, What now 2016/17

God I cannot believe the amount of people questioning Fleming....he was brilliant last season and even got our mom award when we got well beat a few times....Ohhhh not forgetting he basically got us promoted with his penalty heroics....just because we are now in Championship let's not get carried away....he's not perfect but is a damn good keeper at this level!!!! RANT OVER lol

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Leon Murohy, this years u17s POTY has signed a professional contract with the club. Another good young player, don't think he'll feature much if at all this season, but good to get another one signed up. Might see him and a few others at Gretna though.

Looking forward to being back at Somerset this coming season.  Visit a few pubs there is The Wallace still the main bar for Ayr supporters?  What about the one down at the harbour the Ship I think it was is it still there?

Looking forward to being back at Somerset this coming season. Visit a few pubs there is The Wallace still the main bar for Ayr supporters? What about the one down at the harbour the Ship I think it was is it still there?

The Wallace only holds about a dozen peo...........oh hang on I see what you did there!

Both are still there, The Black Bull has been totally refurbished too, and will hold quite a few people now. I think the Horseshoe is still open as well. All within walking distance of Somerset.

With only four more signings to be made and no real attacking players at the club there is no way we are signing another two centre halfs. One more at the back (Meggat or similar for lb cover) and it will be attackers from there.

With only four more signings to be made and no real attacking players at the club there is no way we are signing another two centre halfs. One more at the back (Meggat or similar for lb cover) and it will be attackers from there.

I can't remember exactly, but didn't McCall say in the AP, six new signings? Priorities being centre half and up front and hopefully a winger too.

Obviously Rose is one, two more centre half's and three strikers. We badly need a wide player too tbh.

If we bring in Meggat, you have him Rose, Murphy, McCracken who I think is still here and Adams done a job there in the play offs. Rose and Meggat would be cover for full backs. Maybe need 1 more, but don't want to take that away from the striking options.

If we bring in Meggat, you have him Rose, Murphy, McCracken who I think is still here and Adams done a job there in the play offs. Rose and Meggat would be cover for full backs. Maybe need 1 more, but don't want to take that away from the striking options.

I think one more centre half thats been a proven success at this level is needed. I'm content playing Murphy as I think he'll still do a job.

A direct attacking midfielder/winger is needed to be able to take on a defender and either score or create a create a goal.

Two strikers, possibly three. If Moore and Preston come back that'll be a good start. An experienced goal scorer as well i.e Sutton, Nade (possibly going to Dunfermline tho).

IMO the midfield looks good although I would be happy if young McCrorie came back even if it was only till January as he looks one for the future and made a big impact when he signed.

Meggat will take pressure of Boyle as there is no way Donald will be able to get away with playing as a make shift left back.

Meggat wouldn't be signing to be back up. If he signed I would imagine him and Murphy would be our centre half pairing with Devlin at RB and Boyle at LB and Rose as back-up.

Would be happy with Sutton and/or Nade signing.

Does anyone know if Ayr remained part time?

Full time, big time charlies, whole new setup, big boys now, big league, in with the big teams, full time is now, yep, offft, the full time players we have now! You all should be scared, I'll tell you, full time, yep!

Archived