Ayr United, What now 2016/17

What ever happened to those new Somerset stadium plans?

Depends which ones. The club bought land at a local site decades ago and the council blocked us at every turn.

Last year two shysters rocked up with stadium plans and talk of buying the club but one hasn't been heard from since and the other had a full head explosion that we didn't bow down and call him our saviour.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What ever happened to those new Somerset stadium plans?

We have prime land in the heart of a retail area and the land at Somerset, we had a deal with a housing company to buy Somerset and the money would be used to build at the retail area, the housing bubble burst and the company had a get out clause so the whole thing was abandoned.

Because of the land at Heathfield, Cameron has said he has had several offers for the club from people with no interest in football who are walking away when Cameron is insisting that a new stadium is in place before any development work starts on any new project.

There was a developer from Glasgow who released plans for a new Stadium for some reason, I think he was planning to redevelop Somerset and build an entertainment complex at Heathfield but since the council have given the go-ahead for the exact same thing in the town center....that looks unlikely now 

We don't need a keeper, Fleming is solid. We need 2 centre halfs, a left mid and right mid and 2 strikers.

Meh, have to disagree about Fleming, for a goalkeeper he's pretty inconsistent.

Would agree with the rest though.

His heroics in the penalty shootout will have bought him time as first choice. But I would say he is inconsistent and he is sometimes reluctant to come out for crosses.

We do need to draft in another keeper. The only other keeper is Lyle Avci who has just made the step up to the 20s from the 17s, taking Newmans spot, however he shouldn't be back up to the first team. Decent keeper in there, but needs a season or 2 with the 20s to develop.

Depends which ones. The club bought land at a local site decades ago and the council blocked us at every turn.

Last year two shysters rocked up with stadium plans and talk of buying the club but one hasn't been heard from since and the other had a full head explosion that we didn't bow down and call him our saviour.

Except the council didn't block Ayr at every turn. The council did grant planning permission, but the first time it was called in by the Scottish Executive as it contravened the local plan, and they turned it down. The second application was approved by SAC but the project fell apart at the time of the global economic downturn.

Are you basing your opinion on 5 games last season or the usual opinion that because he was inconsistent at 21 he is obviously no good now?

Are you basing your opinion on 5 games last season or the usual opinion that because he was inconsistent at 21 he is obviously no good now?

Ayr were on Alba a few times last season also, genuinely outwith the first game at EEP where he was incredible and saved everything I'm sure he made mistakes in every game I watched. He's got good reactions which can lead to eye catching saves, but his general handling is really, really poor.

Ayr were on Alba a few times last season also, genuinely outwith the first game at EEP where he was incredible and saved everything I'm sure he made mistakes in every game I watched. He's got good reactions which can lead to eye catching saves, but his general handling is really, really poor.

We were on Alba 3 times, twice he was outstanding and once he didn't have too much to do.

I'm happy enough, we shall see how he gets on.

To be fair you guys rated Ryan Scuddy so opinions on goalies are not to be taken seriously.

What the tits was Ian McCall doing in Furys in the first place?!?

Always had him down as a Club de Mar man.

Madison's would have been my shout, he looks like he'd be gunning for some 45 year old woman from dally to ride back to Glasgow in.

Archived