Ayr United, What now 2016/17

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So Adams and Cairney signed on for next season, where does that leave Stevenson and Doc?

Docherty was sublime all season but he got mugged by Cairney every time he came up against him - especially in the playoffs. We'll need depth regardless of who is first choice, no idea what pairing McCall will go with.

So Adams and Cairney signed on for next season, where does that leave Stevenson and Doc?

Docherty was sublime all season but he got mugged by Cairney every time he came up against him - especially in the playoffs. We'll need depth regardless of who is first choice, no idea what pairing McCall will go with.

A midfield trio of Cairney, Doc and Adams would be great but I hope Cairney hasn't come in as a replacement. I think Doc will sign in the next few days.

Don't get the seethe about the lassie modelling the new strip.

Best pair of strikers at Somerset since Tommy Smith and John Sludden being set up by Henry Templeton ;)

Tommy Walker, but tremendous recollection nonetheless.

Soz m77. All scored over 20 goals back around 88 in the one season?

A little bit of revisionism regarding Cairney's time under McCall at Firhill.

We allowed him to stay at QP initially and when he returned, he had a very impressive first season which would have been 09/10.

However, he returned for the next season and wasn't the same player; he was also a fair few pounds heavier and had we punted him out the door at the end of the season, he couldn't have had any complaints.

His form returned in his final season where he was our top scorer, and he credited McNamara with reigniting his passion and getting him back in shape.

Suppose what I'm saying is that under McCall, he was as excellent as he was abject. A lot relies on what Cairney you get; if his head is screwed on, he's a talented player.

Archived