Ayr United, What now 2016/17

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Few weeks of happiness and now back to the usual self pity and moaning.

Don't you think if McCall could, he'd have a squad of 20 players he wanted all signed up and ready to go for the season ahead?

Not self pity and moaning... Just stating the fairly obvious. Fleming and gilmour underwhelming and not going to sell seasons at the moment.

Happy.

Season Tickets are a good price, ( there could have been some add-ons, as an incentive )

Quite why there is a clamber for numerous big exciting 'new' signings is beyond me.

We simply cannot afford to 'blow' more money on the presumption that we: sell more tickets, stay in the division.

Last years squad, with some added experience ( Jim Goodwin types ) and good football management ( which we have now for the first time in a long time )

Review in January, when we will have a better understanding on the uplift created by visiting supporters.

Motherwell

Rangers

Ayr

Stranraer

Clyde

That's what I think we'll get. Tbh, it's nothing more than a glorified friendly group stage. It's been designed to benefit the top end championship and premiership teams over s group stage rather than one off knockout early round games. It will give us a chance to get the team prepared for the season games and maybe get a few younger players a run out against other 3rd seed teams.

Folks, keep calm. Trust the manager. He has earned it. Remember, we are the runt of the litter in this league, the new guys, the small fry, the underdogs, favourites for relegation no doubt.

As has been said, money talks, and the season tickets are stunning value for money

Few weeks of happiness and now back to the usual self pity and moaning.

Don't you think if McCall could, he'd have a squad of 20 players he wanted all signed up and ready to go for the season ahead?

I have no expectation of us having 20 players signed up by May. But being told there's great, exciting news coming up and then finding out that it's Greg Fleming signing up, is very underwhelming.

I have no expectation of us having 20 players signed up by May. But being told there's great, exciting news coming up and then finding out that it's Greg Fleming signing up, is very underwhelming.

Poor Greg.

Greg, if you are reading this, don't worry mate, there are plenty of supporters that think you signing is great and exciting news.

post-9168-14642738216542_thumb.jpg

I can understand why people are underwhelmed. While an important and really good signing, Fleming is neither new nor shiny and people who thought moving up a league would allow us to attract a higher level of player may be looking for signings that demonstrate we're not exclusively shopping in the same market as last summer.

Fleming did well last season so deserves a deal however next year goalkeeper could be our busiest position. Still unsure if he has the presence to be a success in the championship so hoping our other signed goalie will be able to give him serious competition and isnt some kid filling the bench.

If that's the "good news" then it's very underwhelming.

I agree. The only great news on re-signings imo would be Devlin & Docherty for me who will most definately have had better offers elsewhere. I'd have been very surprised if Fleming didn't re-sign for us. I very doubt full-time teams would have made an offer for him!

Archived