Ayr United, What now 2016/17

AFAIK It is requirement of all Championship clubs to have Names and Squad numbers on the back of the shirts.

Just numbers, the club haven't decided whether to use names or not.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right, not wanting to start to panic but is anyone slightly concerned at the lack of signing news thus far? I know players like Devlin and Docherty will obviously have other offers from clubs but players like Fleming and Adams who I thought would be dead-Certs to re-signs have yet to do so. Slightly concerning

Dumbarton have already signed Robert Thomson from Brechin and Andy Stirling from Stranraer who are both players I would have liked to see at Ayr.

Right, not wanting to start to panic but is anyone slightly concerned at the lack of signing news thus far? I know players like Devlin and Docherty will obviously have other offers from clubs but players like Fleming and Adams who I thought would be dead-Certs to re-signs have yet to do so. Slightly concerning

Dumbarton have already signed Robert Thomson from Brechin and Andy Stirling from Stranraer who are both players I would have liked to see at Ayr.

I'm certain that McCall will have spoken to all the players and most of them will have an offer on the table. Players like Doc and Devlin may have other offers on the table as well. They will be waiting to see where they want to play next season as well as what wage they will get and how often will they will be playing.

In terms of new players McCall will have an idea of what players he wants. IMO most of the players we will sign will have played for McCall before. New signings will probably be announced in the coming days or maybe next week.

Thomson and Stirling had verbal agreements with Dumbarton before the playoffs hence why they have signed so early.

Players like Thomson/Stirling/Pettigrew/Cairney etc are names people keep saying between this and Facebook, I'd be concerned if these are the types of players we're after. The Stranraer players were the major players in a team that finished a fair distance behind us, do they add much to our team? I'm glad they're going to our division rivals, they weren't good enough to get near us last year, why this year? Thomson could be a hit or a miss this year at Dumbarton, he's the unknown dark horse, could score 15, could score 5. Even Moffat struggled for goals last year and he's signed up with Dunfermline, who so far are weaker than last year. I'm sure they'll strengthen well, but we have to wait and see.

Let's see where we are signing wise in about 3 weeks time.

what do you guys make of you club using a 'glamour' model as an attempt to generate sales when surely it alienates all the female fans and adds to the pressure the young women who support your club feel especially after posting a campaign video featuring a woman and her child. Don't mind your kits but that is such a massive backward step to take in club image, only sun running the story and don't wish to give them anymore page views but I'm sure you can find the story on Ayrs website

what do you guys make of you club using a 'glamour' model as an attempt to generate sales when surely it alienates all the female fans and adds to the pressure the young women who support your club feel especially after posting a campaign video featuring a woman and her child. Don't mind your kits but that is such a massive backward step to take in club image, only sun running the story and don't wish to give them anymore page views but I'm sure you can find the story on Ayrs website

It makes a welcome change from having Dunfermline & Morton tits all over our threads.

what do you guys make of you club using a 'glamour' model as an attempt to generate sales when surely it alienates all the female fans and adds to the pressure the young women who support your club feel especially after posting a campaign video featuring a woman and her child. Don't mind your kits but that is such a massive backward step to take in club image, only sun running the story and don't wish to give them anymore page views but I'm sure you can find the story on Ayrs website

Only took a couple of hours this year.

No idea how it adds to the pressure that young women feel....

Gives the new strip very good publicity anyway.

because they identify with the club and she is probably the only official woman she says wearing it and thinks that's how she ought to look, thinks it gives the new strip exceptionally bad publicity, unless you believe all publicity is good publicity

It's the bodog guy that does it not is. We take his money admittedly and our moral compass is marginally askew or should we take it off the government like killie, Dunfermline, Livi, Rangers.... Come to think of it we are one of the only non benefit scammers out there. No wonder we can't win anything swimming against a tide of cheats. Away the honest men

It's not really the club I don't think, it's the sponsor. The club's launch was the one with the players. I guess the club could object if they have concerns but maybe the coverage it gets outweighs said concerns? Maybe the deal with the sponsor is worth putting up with the odd dubious publicity stunt? I don't know.

what do you guys make of you club using a 'glamour' model as an attempt to generate sales when surely it alienates all the female fans and adds to the pressure the young women who support your club feel especially after posting a campaign video featuring a woman and her child. Don't mind your kits but that is such a massive backward step to take in club image, only sun running the story and don't wish to give them anymore page views but I'm sure you can find the story on Ayrs website

:lol: :lol:

we never stole from the government we just 'forgot' to pay them :P and bodog is hardly an exemplary company

i mentioned that mate but it's not illegal. It's what he does so he's advertising his business and our shirt in a maximum exposure pardon the pun way. Power to him. What's your beef anyway is it your bird that's doing the shots?

we never stole from the government we just 'forgot' to pay them :P and bodog is hardly an exemplary company

I'm slightly embarrassed by it. It's sleazy as f**k and as a one off you can maybe justify it but it's become a 'thing' that our club is associated with. Not cool, and definitely not the direction I'd like to see the club moving in.

I'm slightly embarrassed by it. It's sleazy as f**k and as a one off you can maybe justify it but it's become a 'thing' that our club is associated with. Not cool, and definitely not the direction I'd like to see the club moving in.

If our revenue streams were vast & plentiful, I'd undoubtedly agree but given our hand to mouth existence I'd gladly see Somerset doubling as a Spearmint Panda in the evenings if it guaranteed a sizeable budget! 😱

Archived