Brendan Rodgers welcome thread

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7-2 and Deeboy ... imo it raises the profile ever so slighty with his appointment. As opposed to unknown dafties like Ronny we see a young respected UK manager ,despite his dubious track record , at the helm.

Just my opinion ,for better or worse.

I cant change and wont change yours.

Ps. I personally dont think the games doing badly at all here, im of course referring to our profile outside Scotland It wont mean much to us diddies however that is a fact.

Why should any of us care about more English people having heard of the Celtic manager?

In what possible way is this "raised profile" of benefit to our game?

Play more than one up front at least most of the time in Scotland

No more 1 up top in domestic games

Morons found.

7-2 and Deeboy ... imo it raises the profile ever so slighty with his appointment. As opposed to unknown dafties like Ronny we see a young respected UK manager ,despite his dubious track record , at the helm.

Just my opinion ,for better or worse.

I cant change and wont change yours.

Ps. I personally dont think the games doing badly at all here, im of course referring to our profile outside Scotland It wont mean much to us diddies however that is a fact.

Our profile outside of Scotland is something like this...

When Brendan Rodgers was done with football he went to #Celtic so he could follow in the footsteps of Neil Lennon

I bet @MarkWarburton9 is quaking in his boots following Rodgers arrival at #Celtic #Rangers

Any profile raising will be Celtic's closely followed by their equally bigoted business partner. The Scottish games profile will be reaffirmed as the two of them battling it out for the title, even when they're not, given Rangers are 'back' and it's just what Scottish football was needing. Nothing else matters. Nobody else exists. If it does anything profilewise it will just further paint the rest of us as diddies.

Our profile outside of Scotland is something like this...

Paul Smith â€@Smudge1962 3m3 minutes ago

When Brendan Rodgers was done with football he went to #Celtic so he could follow in the footsteps of Neil Lennon

Paul Smith â€@Smudge1962 9m9 minutes ago

I bet @MarkWarburton9 is quaking in his boots following Rodgers arrival at #Celtic #Rangers

Any profile raising will be Celtic's closely followed by their equally bigoted business partner. The Scottish games profile will be reaffirmed as the two of them battling it out for the title, even when they're not, given Rangers are 'back' and it's just what Scottish football was needing. Nothing else matters. Nobody else exists. If it does anything profilewise it will just further paint the rest of us as diddies.

Fair enough...quoting 2 tweets from the same guy...thats his opinion, i have stated mine.

Im not trying to change yours ðŸ‘

Interesting to see that some Celtic posters are saying they would be happy with Rodgers winning the league and qualifying for the CL group stages

Strachan managed to do that and more (last 16 CL) but was never totally accepted by many Celtic fans. 

I suppose Rodgers is Irish at least, so he should have half a chance with the support

Fair enough...quoting 2 tweets from the same guy...thats his opinion, i have stated mine.

Im not trying to change yours

Two tweets that said it all really, same guy or not. I'm just disagreeing with your opinion, not trying to change it. I'm not a great of taken at face value cliches.  ;)

There's quite a sinister and obnoxious element to Scottish scum, that's sadly a league above our English counterparts.

Who would you have in his place? John Hughes?

Perhaps, yet Scotland's shame only got themselves banned for a year after rioting at a euro final. And didn't kill anycunt.

Liverpools shame is a great deal more than that.

In his place? Most anybody. For his salary you could have got just as good for half the amount.

Maybe I'll be wrong, but it is a 'cosy' appointment , suited for the 'Neville on MNF knows what he's talking about' generation. When patently, Neville knows f**k all.

I'm interested how the Green brigade will take to this.

On the one hand he's a property based millionaire who makes a lot of money buying up ex-council houses and renting them privately to the poorest in society.

On the other, he is clearly a champion of the LGBT community so perhaps it balances out.

What's in the envelope Brendan? Ricin.

Tbh if he does the same thing here, the 3 envelopes will all have the same name...

post-42805-14637832196111_thumb.jpg

Archived