Brendan Rodgers welcome thread

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ronny lost 3 league matches.

Do you think Bredan will lose less?

An appointment that's all about appearances. 

Will get bombed out the Champions League as usual and that will leave Celtic paying a probably fortune for someone to win the league by 15 points.

Ronny lost 3 league matches.

Do you think Bredan will lose less?

An appointment that's all about appearances.

Will get bombed out the Champions League as usual and that will leave Celtic paying a probably fortune for someone to win the league by 15 points.[/quote

Yea but 15 points ahead of Rangers maybe !! He will be a legend .

I can't see Rodgers staying with Celtic too long.

Now I know he's from Norn Iron, but as soon as he observes some of the reprobates that pass as football fans in Scotland, he'll be fixing for a move out of shitsville.

He was fine with the scum that follow Liverpool, so I don't see the Scottish version being a problem.

Re his appointment , I'm totally underwhelmed.

Manager since 2008, won , zilch. Zero. Nada.

So, long enough to be a proven manager , and proven to be a loser.

He's probably got one of the easiest jobs in European football, given all he has to do to improve on Deila is qualify for the CL ahead of diddies like Maribor. A nice, easy way to build up his profile again before stepping back up to Swansea/Sunderland/Bournemouth or wherever.

Mind you, failing to qualify for the CL again would have to go down as one of the biggest failures in their history now. Surely not though.

Incredible the amount of sour pusses on this thread 😀

I deplore both cheeks and all they represent, but anyone suggesting he isnt a good appointment for Sellik or that this is good for the national profile is a total bam.

Its not going to get me running round the living room doing helicopters with my knob but realistically it was likely to be the best we were going to get I'm happy with this appointment.

He is getting slagged off for not winning anything but if you look at the alternatives who has? He has had relative success managing at decent sized clubs at a high level.  I would much rather take a punt on someone like that than another guy plucked from obscurity.

He was fine with the scum that follow Liverpool, so I don't see the Scottish version being a problem.

There's quite a sinister and obnoxious element to Scottish scum, that's sadly a league above our English counterparts.

Re his appointment , I'm totally underwhelmed.

Manager since 2008, won , zilch. Zero. Nada.

So, long enough to be a proven manager , and proven to be a loser.

Who would you have in his place? John Hughes?

What will Celtic fans accept as a successful season?

Win the league and a cup, beat Newco in the matches against them and either champions league group stage or last 32 of Europa league. Play more than one up front at least most of the time in Scotland and forget to bring Efe ambrose back from pre season

Incredible the amount of sour pusses on this thread

I deplore both cheeks and all they represent, but anyone suggesting he isnt a good appointment for Sellik or that this is good for the national profile is a total bam.

Talk me through this good for the national profile bit.

Delighted with the new manager.

No more 1 up top in domestic games.....and hopefully an attractive brand of passing football.

I, too, eagerly await his explanation of this comment.

7-2 and Deeboy ... imo it raises the profile ever so slighty with his appointment. As opposed to unknown dafties like Ronny we see a young respected UK manager ,despite his dubious track record , at the helm.

Just my opinion ,for better or worse.

I cant change and wont change yours.

Ps. I personally dont think the games doing badly at all here, im of course referring to our profile outside Scotland It wont mean much to us diddies however that is a fact.

Archived