My car is a right state...

I've only ever had a car valleted when I was trying to sell it. Back to leasing so won't bother with that any more.

I can go months without taking my car through the car wash and the back of the front passenger seat is filthy from our granddaughter's foot prints. Can't say that it bothers me.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just cleaned my car the now, took a hour and a half and it's spotless,got in every nook and cranny with a tooth brush. Even the gear stick ball sack is clean.

<£40 per hour at valet rates.

So the car was in a right state? My guess is that it was in Vermont.

Vermont is generally considered to be quite liberal. Arkansas or Mississippi is my guess.

Bought a steam cleaner the other week, brilliant for doing the car seats with.

All of our floors barring the bedrooms are either wood or tiles. So when our hoover packed in, i bought the Dyson V6 (for dysoning) as its a small area.

Its excellent for cleaning the car. Not £65 showroom quality mind you. 

It took 3 hours for them to clean it. 6 hours would not have seen me reach the same standard. Is my free time worth more that £11 an hour?

Yes, it is.

6 hours? Either you've thrown liquid shit over every seat in a coach or you're crippled.

Which is it?

It took 3 hours for them to clean it. 6 hours would not have seen me reach the same standard. Is my free time worth more that £11 an hour?

Yes, it is.

I have to say that I agree with you.

I'd rather spend my non-work time doing what I do (including posting shite on here) than cleaning a car.

That's why I'll occasionally pay anything between £5 and £10 on an automated car wash rather than hand washing it.

People who hand wash their own cars fall into one or more of the following categories:

1. Cheap b*****ds.

2. Poor b*****ds.

3. Creepy b*****d's.

Equally folk who get their cars regularly valleted are pretentious wankers. Used to be a company opposite us where the mobile valet pulled up every few weeks and valleted their company cars. The company went out of business (not the mobile valet). Karma.

Granny I agree with you about people who hand wash their own cars. It's very sad, pathetic behaviour. Run it through a car wash Ffs rather than wasting your own time like that.

The people who spend hours and ours shining their cars aren't as bad IMO, (claying or something?) their car is their hobby and each to their own.

People who hand wash their own cars fall into one or more of the following categories:

1. Cheap b*****ds.

2. Poor b*****ds.

3. Creepy b*****d's.

So it's seen as wrong to hand wash your car?? Get to f**k.

All of the above.

Archived