West of Scotland Cup Final Auchinleck Talbot V Hurlford

Talbot Bing

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just returned home from a one sided affair at Newlandsfield this evening. Tonight was the 3rd occasion I'd watched Talbot this season and, as before, they were sharply out the blocks scoring in little over one minute. The 2nd followed quickly and what a strike it was, direct from a free kick. Not sure who scored but a cracking effort.

Talbot bossed the first half and, in truth, Hurlford simply were not in this game at all.

That said, Hurlford did start brightly in the 2nd half creating a couple of chances and I thought they might pull one back as they pushed forward in the first 20 minutes. Darren Henderson brought on a couple of subs as Hurlford worked very hard. Talbot were steady in defence and it quickly became apparent as the game progressed this was not going to be Hurlfords evening.

In summary this was a lacklustre performance from a Hurlford side who looked jaded this evening. Hurlfords number 10 worked tirelessly up front and, for me, was their best player. Talbot were very professional throughout and, to use a horse racing analogy, they hacked up in this match.

Well done Talbot. Worthy winners.

Thought Talbot controlled the match. We have found out Hurlfords mechanisms and neutralised them. Same again next Wednesday will do for us. Well done tonight lads. Great feeling to win one of the biggest cups in the Juniors...again. :-D

More than decent game. Not to much football played but was fiercely competitive with no passengers in either team.

I thought there was not much between the team's but with Talbot being that little bit more clinical.

Ref was good as well.

More than decent game. Not to much football played but was fiercely competitive with no passengers in either team.

I thought there was not much between the team's but with Talbot being that little bit more clinical.

Ref was good as well.

The ref was shocking buddy. Very poor control of the game and gave nothing our way. Seen at least 5 fouls on Talbot players in the midfield area when he gave play on however decided differently when it was a Hurlford player.

Think this is one ref who missed his chance to price his worth instead of bias towards Hurlford

Archived