Men Only

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The R&A are perfectly entitled to react to this by removing the course from the Open roster. One of the big challenges for golf is to move away from the stuffy old man image it has and hosting worlds biggest tournament at clubs that exclude half the population isn't something they can really do.

The open isn't the worlds biggest tournament.

Many moons ago my one and only round on the Championship Course at Carnoustie was pretty much ruined by being stuck behind a fourball of American women trailing golf bags the size of missile silos [you had to see this lot, total caricatures of the rich American tourist abroad].

If even one of them broke 150 I would be amazed, utter arseholes would'nt even let us play through.

Despite this experience I feel that the gin soaked buffoons at Muirfield have shown themselves up for the sad old men that they are.

Wid x4

Please stop comparing race with gender.

Women are fucking mental which is why the guys would like some time on their own. The women can have their all female club if they so wish.

Any woman that would anything to do with you is mental but that's not the issue under discussion.

So how come it's ok for the Open to be at Royal Troon?

They have managed to procrastinate long enough to delay a vote until later this year. Likely to be the same outcome so with Trump owning Turnberry you are unlikely to see the Open in Ayrshire again after this year.

Played there when I was younger. Fucking difficult course to play. They also wouldn't let me in the clubhouse until I had re-done my tie into a Windsor knot.

Was this the one holding up your trousers or round your neck?

Whilst i agree with Deeboy at some point the loss of revenue from hosting an open which then attracts golfers from all over the world paying £230 a round which will curtail when it loses its an "open" venue will have some affect.I do know to be a member takes loads of cash but in the future losing around 8 million a year will bite

95 visitors a day? Is that right?

They have managed to procrastinate long enough to delay a vote until later this year. Likely to be the same outcome so with Trump owning Turnberry you are unlikely to see the Open in Ayrshire again after this year.

Out of interest, why do you think it will be the same outcome?

there is absolutely no way theyll put 'trump turnberry' on the open championship trophy.

The blazers have already said they wouldn't hold it at a Trump owned course after his comments about Muslims and Mexicans. Don't think they give a fcuk about the Mexicans, but they don't want to piss off Arab money.

Sorry I'm late!

A few posters being diplomatic and rightly pointing out that private clubs can invite whoever they want, but Dee Man getting straight to the heart of it with perhaps some exaggeration...

Please stop comparing race with gender.

Women are fucking mental which is why the guys would like some time on their own. The women can have their all female club if they so wish.

The pattern of women demanding entry into spaces after they've been conceived of, planned, built, and run successfully by men for men, from the ground up, with their own hard work, talent, money and time, will probably never cease. With eventual entry comes the inevitable language and behavior tut-tutting followed by the women policing the space and the men policing themselves when all they wanted to do was relax and bond with the lads.

Meanwhile, women demand and create or are handed their own spaces and noone bats an eye.

Time to reclaim your balls, chaps!

Sorry I'm late!

A few posters being diplomatic and rightly pointing out that private clubs can invite whoever they want, but Dee Man getting straight to the heart of it with perhaps some exaggeration...

The pattern of women demanding entry into spaces after they've been conceived of, planned, built, and run successfully by men for men, from the ground up, with their own hard work, talent, money and time, will probably never cease. With eventual entry comes the inevitable language and behavior tut-tutting followed by the women policing the space and the men policing themselves when all they wanted to do was relax and bond with the lads.

Meanwhile, women demand and create or are handed their own spaces and noone bats an eye.

Time to reclaim your balls, chaps!

dang out of greenies will try and remember one + this as far as i see it was one of the oldest golf clubs holding onto it's reigns and values. It is not about sexism or any of that, it is about not bowing down to the R&A or the threat of removing the open. They will never remove the open from such a distinctive course and in time there will be woman members, just not in such a half arsed way that the current committee proposes. :)

The blazers have already said they wouldn't hold it at a Trump owned course after his comments about Muslims and Mexicans. Don't think they give a fcuk about the Mexicans, but they don't want to piss off Arab money.

I doubt it's anything to do with what Trump has said. It will be more to do with the fact they don't want to host an Open with someone whose currently leader or has the potential to become leader of their own country. They don't want the event to become politicized in any way, shape or form.  

Archived