Men Only

and millions out of pocket

No they won't.

Whilst i agree with Deeboy at some point the loss of revenue from hosting an open which then attracts golfers from all over the world paying £230 a round which will curtail when it loses its an "open" venue will have some affect.I do know to be a member takes loads of cash but in the future losing around 8 million a year will bite

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whilst i agree with Deeboy at some point the loss of revenue from hosting an open which then attracts golfers from all over the world paying £230 a round which will curtail when it loses its an "open" venue will have some affect.I do know to be a member takes loads of cash but in the future losing around 8 million a year will bite

I don't imagine they'll notice too much.

Bit of a sweeping generalisation there considering more than half were in favour.

Clearly referring to the people who have voted against women. It's the same thing as voting no blacks/Asians/whatever. Just not acceptable in this day and age.

Everyone pushing for the women to get in at Muirfield have never been stuck behind a female 4 ball playing a medal.

Surely they could have a few sessions a week for the ladies and shitty male golfers, maybe pre dawn.

Clearly referring to the people who have voted against women. It's the same thing as voting no blacks/Asians/whatever. Just not acceptable in this day and age.

i could see the point if there werent women only clubs and in that case they were actually being hard done by, but if they are playing the same game then what exactly is the problem?

Ju

i could see the point if there werent women only clubs and in that case they were actually being hard done by, but if they are playing the same game then what exactly is the problem?

Aye and if they excluded black people then they could start a black only club; what's the problem with that?

Is that your logic?

If a private club wants to restrict its membership then that's their right. There are plenty clubs that exclude you for various reasons.

The R&A are perfectly entitled to react to this by removing the course from the Open roster. One of the big challenges for golf is to move away from the stuffy old man image it has and hosting worlds biggest tournament at clubs that exclude half the population isn't something they can really do.

Peter Alliss has come out and said that the decision to remove the Open is "bullshit" and that if women want to join they should marry a member :lol:

Many moons ago my one and only round on the Championship Course at Carnoustie was pretty much ruined by being stuck behind a fourball of American women trailing golf bags the size of missile silos [you had to see this lot, total caricatures of the rich American tourist abroad].

If even one of them broke 150 I would be amazed, utter arseholes would'nt even let us play through.

Despite this experience I feel that the gin soaked buffoons at Muirfield have shown themselves up for the sad old men that they are.

Please stop comparing race with gender.

Women are fucking mental which is why the guys would like some time on their own. The women can have their all female club if they so wish.

Archived