Men Only

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The problem is they're living in the dark ages. If this is allowed then why can't they just go ahead and ban blacks from joining the club as it might ruin their enjoyment?

Bit of a sweeping generalisation there considering more than half were in favour.

Are any P&Bers members of any male only clubs and what motivates you to join such a sausage fest in the first place?

I do it mainly for the unrestrained, no strings attached bumming.

Takes ages to finish of the golf quickly to get back to the members bar asap if you have a womens foursome in front of you stopping to gossip and do their make up and shit.

As a feminist myself, this post greatly offends me.

I'm struggling to think of anything less appealing as a source of company than the sort of person who would want to be a member of a mens-only-Edinburgh-based golf club.

You're exactly the type who populates such places.

Doesn't make any difference to me but it really sums up that middle/upper class East Lothian mentality where (a) the vote went against it although they probably knew it would cost them the open and (b) they're probably happy not to have the open there anyway.

You're exactly the type who populates such places.

AdLib is far from boring. He has prevented the politics forum from becoming a party political broadcast and at the same time has generated more seethe than anyone else on P&B. He's even done it with a throwaway line on this topic. The boys an artist.

AdLib is far from boring. He has prevented the politics forum from becoming a party political broadcast and at the same time has generated more seethe than anyone else on P&B. He's even done it with a throwaway line on this topic. The boys an artist.

He's inferred that he'd rather sit in the company of paedophiles than members of men only golf clubs. That is not cool.

I thought the waiting list was like 10 years, so a pretty pointless vote meaning very little. It's not like any woman would be actual members in the near future. I think the rule changes that would be enforced once this decision had been made is what divided the vote.

Not sure any woman in their right mind would want to join the club, but how could you have a fair selection process if you had say 10 people wanting to join but only 1 of them being a woman, do you just join the woman over 9 men just so you have a female member? or do you join the best candidates, with the best recommendations from other members, who are all men.

So it seems a like a closed circle unless they let anyone join once you reach the top of the list.

Everyone pushing for the women to get in at Muirfield have never been stuck behind a female 4 ball playing a medal.

Everyone celebrating Sevco getting into the top flight of Scottish football have never been subjected to their fans.

It's a sad b*****d's game for sad b*****ds anyway. Let them fucking rot in the 19th century misogynistic shit hole.

Everyone celebrating Sevco getting into the top flight of Scottish football have never been subjected to their fans.

It's a sad b*****d's game for sad b*****ds anyway. Let them fucking rot in the 19th century misogynistic shit hole.

Ach well, there's a fair chance you'll have popped your clogs before you need to worry about us again.

Ach well, there's a fair chance you'll have popped your clogs before you need to worry about us again.

I can understand why you would not want to play United, we've beaten you every time.

Archived