Men Only

Bet the old duffers feel like right d1cks when they are watching the open that was supposed to be at Muirfield in their stupid wee club.

Aye we showed them lads!

*tumbleweed*

Fairy sure they'll be quite chuffed their club isn't (more so) infested by 'GerrintheHole!' Whompercunts.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't see what the issue is, if a group of men get together and form their own club surely it's up to them to decide who joins them. If the women want a golf club let them form their own and they can ban males from joining.

As for the First Minister maybe she have spent more time today explaining the problems with the failed IT system and late payments to farmers than concerning herself with the conduct of a private club.

I'm struggling to think of anything less appealing as a source of company than the sort of person who would want to be a member of a mens-only-Edinburgh-based golf club.

Being at a lib dems meeting.

I'm the only member of my family who doesn't play golf but none of the clubs that my dad or brothers are members of have any exclusions. 

Once when I was in the Isle of Man with my parents my mum was told she couldn't go into the back bar of the golf course hotel we were staying in.  But then the IoM makes Saudi Arabia look forward thinking.

Golf is traditionally seen as a way for husbands to get away from their partners for a bit. A 'Yes' vote would have blown that apart for them.

Doesn't excuse it of course, but I think the reasons they gave for maintaining a male only membership are a smokescreen for the real reason: They don't want their wives and partners joining them on the golf course.

Golf is traditionally seen as a way for husbands to get away from their partners for a bit. A 'Yes' vote would have blown that apart for them.

Doesn't excuse it of course, but I think the reasons they gave for maintaining a male only membership are a smokescreen for the real reason: They don't want their wives and partners joining them on the golf course.

I thought you said it was men only?

I don't see what the issue is, if a group of men get together and form their own club surely it's up to them to decide who joins them. If the women want a golf club let them form their own and they can ban males from joining.

As for the First Minister maybe she have spent more time today explaining the problems with the failed IT system and late payments to farmers than concerning herself with the conduct of a private club.

The late payments don't need to be paid until the end of June, and maybe you don't know but the Scottish payments are amongst the lowest in Europe as most of the money sent by the EU is " rerouted " by Westminster to other needy parts of the rUK. Happy to help ^_^

Bet the old duffers feel like right d1cks when they are watching the open that was supposed to be at Muirfield in their stupid wee club.

Aye we showed them lads!

*tumbleweed*

They'll actually probably be delighted the Open will no longer be hosted there.

I just don't see why any of the men would care if woman could be members or not. How would it affect their enjoyment?

Takes ages to finish of the golf quickly to get back to the members bar asap if you have a womens foursome in front of you stopping to gossip and do their make up and shit.

Good on them. They had a vote and came to a result. What exactly is the problem? Its not like they refused to entertain the idea.

Good on them. They had a vote and came to a result. What exactly is the problem? Its not like they refused to entertain the idea.

The problem is they're living in the dark ages. If this is allowed then why can't they just go ahead and ban blacks from joining the club as it might ruin their enjoyment?

The problem is they're living in the dark ages. If this is allowed then why can't they just go ahead and ban blacks from joining the club as it might ruin their enjoyment?

There is nothing to stop a private organisation from banning people or groups for superficial reasons. However, there is the concept of goodwill that will typically reward or punish this behavior in the long run. 

Archived