Bye Bigot Brothers?

See, that's what the cretins just don't get. As an Ayr fan I'm absolutely ecstatic about getting back to the 1st division and playing the likes of Morton, St Mirren, Raith, Hibs, Dundee Utd and of course the icing on the cake would be the derbies back with Killie. I have no interest whatsoever in the old firm and what they do or don't do has absolutely no effect on me or my viewing interest. 

I am alone in this ? or do other fellow "diddies" have a similar attitude ??

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

if celtic and sevco left for england you could say bye bye to scottish football.

no sponsor for starters. no tv deal either i wouldnt think and no large away following at your grounds.

No large away followings?

So Aberdeen, hearts, even Dundee and Dundee united at times don't have big away followings? Then onto this seasons lower league teams you have hibs, Falkirk, Dunfermline all capable of taking large crowds. Even slightly behind them you have Ayr and even Stirling Albion have been known at times to have larger followings. Add this to the fact Aberdeen and Hearts based purely on this season would be the title challenge so their crowds would surely rise. Falkirk would have won the championship so their crowds would have risen. Every club in this seasons premiership would have risen 1 place, for some clubs that one place could be crucial for top 6 or European football so again the possibility of more punters.

This will never happen though and unfortunately we are stuck to deal with the sectarianism, big team mentality and armchair fans that seem to think they have some sort of hierarchy over us "diddies" that actually go to games.

See, that's what the cretins just don't get. As an Ayr fan I'm absolutely ecstatic about getting back to the 1st division and playing the likes of Morton, St Mirren, Raith, Hibs, Dundee Utd and of course the icing on the cake would be the derbies back with Killie. I have no interest whatsoever in the old firm and what they do or don't do has absolutely no effect on me or my viewing interest. 

Apart from the last two seasons we have spent in a league with Rangers I actually have no interest over any of the old firm outside of the interest I have in Scottish football. Saying that though I would have loved Celtic to lose the league at some point since 2012.

Back to the 1st Division??

Aye, you might be alone there.

Rangers and Celtic are not the big draw they think they are.  They do not add anything in a sporting sense, they would not add large crowds or significantly increased TV viewing figures.

If Celtic, Rangers, Hearts, Saint johnstone or Stirling Albion wanted to enter the English league system wouldn't it make more sense to simply buy out an existing franchise and use their membership in and Airdire/MK Dons way rather than spend a decade working up from the parks Leagues.

I'm still confused as to why the people who bought Rangers* didn't just buy out a championship side as well.

* Or bought Ibrox & certain parts of the Rangers Brand depending on how you wish to view that whole episode

If Celtic, Rangers, Hearts, Saint johnstone or Stirling Albion wanted to enter the English league system wouldn't it make more sense to simply buy out an existing franchise and use their membership in and Airdire/MK Dons way rather than spend a decade working up from the parks Leagues.

I'm still confused as to why the people who bought Rangers* didn't just buy out a championship side as well.

* Or bought Ibrox & certain parts of the Rangers Brand depending on how you wish to view that whole episode

They don't have the money, for one thing. For another, they'd have needed to play at the ground of the club they killed, as they'd never have been allowed to keep playing in Scotland.

If they think they're hated in Scotland, it would have been nothing compared to what would have happened if this had actually taken place. I'm thinking mass organised boycotts, home and away.

Presumably Brendan Rogers had only taken the Celtic job on the basis they'll be in the fifth tier of English football in 2020? It's just fucking laughable.

He's not that daft. He'll be hoping to revitalise his tarnished reputation with a bit of guaranteed European football, before heading back to a Premiership club ASAP.

Archived