Bye Bigot Brothers?

Far from ruining Scottish fitba this would be the making of it.

As long as they took. All their teams with them,no leaving reserve teams up here so they could crawl back when the English got fed up of all their bullshit.

Sadly it will never happen nobody wants or needs them and we are lumbered with them.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

if celtic and sevco left for england you could say bye bye to scottish football.

no sponsor for starters. no tv deal either i wouldnt think and no large away following at your grounds.

Figures please. 😊 There would be sponsors, but I guess the towering largesse teams in the SPFL enjoy just now wouldn't be the same with the old medicine out of the picture. Perhaps a year's sponsorship money without them would only pay a fortnight's wages for an English Premiership striker rather than an entire month.

I appreciate that both mobs also take large away followings with them. If that goes, the boys on the board at Edinburgh City will be kicking themselves.

if celtic and sevco left for england you could say bye bye to scottish football.

no sponsor for starters. no tv deal either i wouldnt think and no large away following at your grounds.

Aye but you follow Junior football, so you're opinion doesn't count.

From Ayrshire, likes the Old Firm and junior football.

I believe the term is 'junior thicko'

Far from ruining Scottish fitba this would be the making of it.

As long as they took. All their teams with them,no leaving reserve teams up here so they could crawl back when the English got fed up of all their bullshit.

Sadly it will never happen nobody wants or needs them and we are lumbered with them.

This in a nutshell.

I fear so, yes

Nonsense.

Even worse nonsense based on nothing that only the disgustingly stupid would spout.

Celtic supporters more or less define their season by their European results, so would Celtic fans really take an unknown number of seasons (could easily be 10 - 15 years or more) without European football to join the English league system?

Serious question.

I think a lot of people who are currently turned off by the poisonous cretins who follow the ugly sisters would

actually turn out to support teams who were in a competitive league.

Sponsorship is a catch-22 - get the crowd, get the businesses.

People always talk as if OF "moving to England" would entail them actually physically moving somewhere.

If it ever happened they would still be playing in Glasgow. Unless they weren't in a position to rapidly/instantly access the top couple of tiers - and they wouldn't move otherwise - they would become "our teams in the big league", in the same sort of way Cardiff and Swansea are in Welsh football, or the pro-teams are in rugby. They would dominate even more of the media coverage and probably hoover-up even more of the glory hunting populace. We all know they'd be allowed to keep 'B' teams in our Scottish Premiership, capture even more of the young players, still play in the Scottish Cup, and so forth. There's a naivety in thinking it could only be a good thing for everyone else, IMO.

Scottish football had a massive opportunity a few years ago to fix most of it's problems. Getting rid of the "Old Firm" would have been a massive shot in the arm. Instead the clubs crumbled and ensured what is likely to be an eternal duopoly that see's very little success for all but two clubs and ensures that long term every other club will struggle to attract new fans thanks to the media coverage and success of the two largest clubs in the country.

Scottish football would flourish without the Old Firm. You only have to look at the spread of success in the last 5 years compared to any given 5 year period going back to the late 80's to see that.

People always talk as if OF "moving to England" would entail them actually physically moving somewhere.

If it ever happened they would still be playing in Glasgow. Unless they weren't in a position to rapidly/instantly access the top couple of tiers - and they wouldn't move otherwise - they would become "our teams in the big league", in the same sort of way Cardiff and Swansea are in Welsh football, or the pro-teams are in rugby. They would dominate even more of the media coverage and probably hoover-up even more of the glory hunting populace. We all know they'd be allowed to keep 'B' teams in our Scottish Premiership, capture even more of the young players, still play in the Scottish Cup, and so forth. There's a naivety in thinking it could only be a good thing for everyone else, IMO.

If they went, it would have to be lock and stock. I actually think B teams would be a good idea under the current set up but if they left for England then their B team would have to go with them.

Would UEFA even allow a B team to play professionally in another league?

What would be much better than them leaving actually, is if there was a decade where something like Aberdeen/Hearts won all the titles. In the last 50 years, Rangers or Celtic have only failed to win the top league on a staggering 4 occasions - Dundee United (x1) and Aberdeen (x3). Pretty incredible stuff when you consider that.

Scottish football is essentially pointless. It remains remarkable that we bother going at all.

What would be much better than them leaving actually, is if there was a decade where something like Aberdeen/Hearts won all the titles. In the last 50 years, Rangers or Celtic have only failed to win the top league on a staggering 4 occasions - Dundee United (x1) and Aberdeen (x3). Pretty incredible stuff when you consider that.

Scottish football is essentially pointless. It remains remarkable that we bother going at all.

If one goes, the other will fall back towards the rest. May not happen over night but you can see it slowly happening at Celtic in the last couple of seasons.

If it ever happened they would still be playing in Glasgow. Unless they weren't in a position to rapidly/instantly access the top couple of tiers - and they wouldn't move otherwise - they would become "our teams in the big league", in the same sort of way Cardiff and Swansea are in Welsh football, or the pro-teams are in rugby. They would dominate even more of the media coverage and probably hoover-up even more of the glory hunting populace. We all know they'd be allowed to keep 'B' teams in our Scottish Premiership, capture even more of the young players, still play in the Scottish Cup, and so forth. There's a naivety in thinking it could only be a good thing for everyone else, IMO.

Yep, or as time went on, it would undoubtedly become acceptable to some folk to have Aberdeen, Hearts or Dundee United as their Scottish team for example and an OF team as their 'English'. In fact why wouldn't the bigger teams left simply apply to join as well. Imagine a SPFL without Hearts/Hibs/Aberdeen/Dundee Utd? Inverness & Ross County would win everything.

Yep, or as time went on, it would undoubtedly become acceptable to some folk to have Aberdeen, Hearts or Dundee United as their Scottish team for example and an OF team as their 'English'. In fact why wouldn't the bigger teams left simply apply to join as well. Imagine a SPFL without Hearts/Hibs/Aberdeen/Dundee Utd? Inverness & Ross County would win everything.

Add to cart.

Archived