Central League Cup quarter finals

glensmad

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why when Cumbernauld have been drawn at home the game is getting played at East Kilbride? Well I know why but how as the team who's park it is are getting forced to play their home tie away from home just because their tenants are at home in the league? Surely schedule it for another night?

It was Cumbernauld who requested the switch,had we not done so it would have been 4 consecutive Saturdays without a game.At the time of the request we still had a minimum of 4 games to be played.Saturday is football day and your are at a loose end when you don't play.Just happy to be getting a game this Saturday and then its Cumnock on the Wednesday which sure will attract a big crowd so looking forward to that.Not forgetting Kilwinning tonight at Guy's Meadow.

Three of the quarter final games are on Wednesday 1st June.

I don't see it listed in the fixtures, but is the other quarter final (Cumbernauld United v Greenock Juniors) being played on Saturday ?

So the revised line-up for the quarter finals is as follows :-

Pollok v Port Glasgow Juniors

Rutherglen Glencairn v Larkhall Thistle

Kirkintilloch Rob Roy v St Anthony's

Cumbernauld United v Greenock Juniors

The first three games are on Wednesday night, with the date for the fourth game still to be confirmed.

We have the prospect of Cumbernauld playing an away semi final at their home ground, with their tenants being the home side. Who would take the home dressing room ?

Semi finals are winner of game 1 v winner of game 2, and winner of game 3 v winner of game 4, again dates to be confirmed.

So the revised line-up for the quarter finals is as follows :-

Pollok v Port Glasgow Juniors

Rutherglen Glencairn v Larkhall Thistle

Kirkintilloch Rob Roy v St Anthony's

Cumbernauld United v Greenock Juniors

The first three games are on Wednesday night, with the date for the fourth game still to be confirmed.

We have the prospect of Cumbernauld playing an away semi final at their home ground, with their tenants being the home side. Who would take the home dressing room ?

Semi finals are winner of game 1 v winner of game 2, and winner of game 3 v winner of game 4, again dates to be confirmed.

As with the Sectional League Cup the home team ie Rob Roy would be in the home dressing room.I know seems bit strange but there the home team.Least we dont have far to travel if we get there.

Pollok will be trying hard to win this now surely.

You would think so. I'm hoping we're good enough to be able to get past Larkhall Thistle tomorrow night and then put another spanner in their works in the semi final.

The referee appointments are out for Saturday now and there's no sign of Cumbernauld v Greenock.

Little hope Mr Fixturesman thinking as far ahead as Saturday when on matchday Wednesday morning he's still got St Ants going to "unplayed previous fixtures" !

An utter joke.

I'm hearing that the final will be played at Cambuslang on midweek commencing 13th June, either the Wednesday or the Thursday, so presumably the semi finals will be played next midweek.

I hope we're involved at that stage, but we're taking nothing for granted because tonight will be a very tough one for us against an in-form Larkhall side.

Cumbernauld v Greenock will be this Saturday should be up on site shortly.

Don't hold yer breath, TONIGHT'S QF between Rabs and Ant's STILL says "UNPLAYED PREVIOUS FIXTURES"!

Hopeless!

Don't hold yer breath, TONIGHT'S QF between Rabs and Ant's STILL says "UNPLAYED PREVIOUS FIXTURES"!

Hopeless!

That's a real tough one for St Anthony's tonight, I've heard that Unplayed Previous Fixture are in a really good run of form at the moment.

presumably the semi finals will be played next midweek.

Nobody is otherwise occupied this Saturday out of Pollok / Port Glasgow v Rutherglen Glencairn / Larkhall Thistle,

so I wouldn't have been surprised had this morning's update included another one for Saturday 4th : "unplayed previous fixtures" v "unplayed previous fixtures".

It might appear for Saturday after tonight's QFs are done.

Nobody is otherwise occupied this Saturday out of Pollok / Port Glasgow v Rutherglen Glencairn / Larkhall Thistle,

so I wouldn't have been surprised had this morning's update included another one for Saturday 4th : "unplayed previous fixtures" v "unplayed previous fixtures".

It might appear for Saturday after tonight's QFs are done.

Think it will be next Monday. Two days is hardly enough time to get programmes/food/hospitality sorted.

Archived